Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
2022 Crosstrek Limited
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like the Tuxmat has a cut out right where the accelerator petal is. Does anyone have these mats and can answer if it's uncovered? I don't want to get snow, water, and mud on the carpet, or have it drip down and go underneath the mat.
Product Automotive tire Bag Sleeve Luggage and bags

Also, What are everyone's thoughts on the Tuxmats VS the Husky X-ACT mats?

· Registered
80 Posts
I have a tuxmat myself. I didnt have issues with debris getting over that accelerator pedal area.

My gripe is on the fuel latch - its an open area. I saw that Husky has a little door for that area preventing debris from living deep in that fuel latch release.

One more thing i found with my tuxmat is the thick rubber to prevent wear from your heel is too far back. I have heel wear on my mats just above that rubber mat so it kind of useless.

Considering tuxmats are soft, they wear pretty quickly.

Looks hella good tho! Easy to clean. Just a wipe or a quick spray with a pressure washer and the mat returns to its nice and shiny finish.

· Registered
2021 Ice SIlver Sport
1,595 Posts
The extra coverage at the fuel door lever and gas pedal alone makes the Huskys a better option if you are using the mts to prevent snow and slush from reaching the carpet. The Tuxmats do look good though. Both have much better coverage than OEM which is a shame.

· Registered
879 Posts
The coverage behind the accelerator was the primary reason I ditched the OEM all weather mats and switched to Husky. No regrets, as so much dust/rocks accumulated on the carpet after a few trail hikes.

· Registered
2021 Crosstrek Sport Cool Gray Khaki
250 Posts
That is one of the major reasons I went with Husky X-Act.

Reactions: subyrubyroo

· Registered
2022 Crosstrek Limited
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is one of the major reasons I went with Husky X-Act.
Yup I know what you mean. I too purchased the OEM all weather mats and found out they do not provide enough coverage. Wish I would have found the forum and your thread before hand.

I'm stuck between the 2 mats now. I was going to get the huskies but while researching them I came across the tux. Now I'm seeing tux doesn't cover the gas pedal very well, reason I started looking, and no fuel hatch coverage which I didn't even know I wanted lol.

So, it looks like I'm leaning back towards husky, but that sidewall coverage would be nice.

Considering tuxmats are soft, they wear pretty quickly.
How quickly are we talking? 2-3 years or noticeable wear within a year?

· Registered
2022 Premium CVT
4 Posts
A friend of mine has the Tuxmats and being they are fabric I always feel weird getting into his car with wet or muddy shoes, to me it feels like how you'd want to take off your muddy boots before putting your feet up on the couch. I have the Husky Weatherbeaters and being that they are hard plastic I don't feel bad abusing them, and they quickly and easily wipe down with a wet rag or even just hose em off. They have been great for me.

· He wasn't there!
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
2,231 Posts
I did the 3D Mas Spider mats. I'm happy with the fit of them.

· Registered
21 Posts
I have the Tuxmat in our 2019 6 MT, first winter using them.

They fit and look pretty nice, but make sure to use enough clips to secure the mat along the trim edge, on the door side, otherwise your boots will catch on them.

Does anyone have a trick or method for getting rid of the inevitable water that puddles in the mats? Clearly, it's not draining out, that's good, but right now I use a towel to soak it out, not extra pleasant.

I can't be the only one anyoned by that...

· Resident Curmudgeon
2020 Crosstrek Limited
1,569 Posts
Does anyone have a trick or method for getting rid of the inevitable water that puddles in the mats? Clearly, it's not draining out, that's good, but right now I use a towel to soak it out, not extra pleasant.

I can't be the only one anyoned by that...
Either that or carefully pick the mats up and dump the water out.

· Registered
2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT
152 Posts
You must get lots of heavy, wet snow there?

I’ve had WeatherTech or Husky liners for twenty years and never had an issue with water puddling - I just kick the snow off my boots before I get in the car.

The air is also really dry here (Alberta), so maybe any water evaporates faster too.

· Registered
21 Posts
You must get lots of heavy, wet snow there?

I’ve had WeatherTech or Husky liners for twenty years and never had an issue with water puddling - I just kick the snow off my boots before I get in the car.

The air is also really dry here (Alberta), so maybe any water evaporates faster too.
Yeah, Montreal weather - lotsa slushy muck and very humid. + parking in the streets means we have to traverse that muck to get to the car.

I also do the patented boot slapping outside the car before getting in, but I still get the puddles.

· Registered
2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT
152 Posts
Yeah, Montreal weather - lotsa slushy muck and very humid. + parking in the streets means we have to traverse that muck to get to the car.

I also do the patented boot slapping outside the car before getting in, but I still get the puddles.
No experience with it, but maybe a wet/dry vacuum?

· Registered
21 Posts
No experience with it, but maybe a wet/dry vacuum?

Nice, but kinda pricey at $110; this un-advanced goes for $44 BLACK+DECKER dustbuster QuickClean Cordless Wet/Dry Handheld Vacuum, Turquoise (HNVC215BW52) : Amazon.ca: Home

Think I'll try my luck with something cheap'n'simple first :
Plant Gas Kitchen utensil Tableware Cluster fig tree

· Registered
2021 Crosstrek Sport Cool Gray Khaki
250 Posts
Passenger mat stays in place. Fit on both sides is very good.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts