Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Im new here. I have a 2017 crosstrek limited. The rear corner got hit and I want to replace a missing screw or clip, however Im having difficulty because I cant find the trim part that is part of it on Subaru's website.

This photo is the passenger side rear wheel well, looking toward the bumper. I put a red circle over the missing clip or bolt. The rear corner is wobbly without it.

Plant Eye Automotive tire Tree Arthropod

Here is a photo of that same corner part from the outside, circled in red.
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle

To be clear, I dont see a need to replace the whole part highlighted, it honestly just seems like a bolted on trim piece, and it seem to be missing altogether from most 2017 Subarus. I just want to know which bold or clip I need to replace.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think you're missing a clip from what I looked at. I will link you with a blow-up image of the part. Your Subaru parts department should be able to confirm with you on the correct part.

This is the diagram Ive looked at too. What confused me is that this little outer trim part is actually missing from it. I finally realized I have an intact other side to look at, and the part does seem to be a clip. Theres no screw head on it, and it looks to be one of these clips: 2017 Subaru Crosstrek Wheel Well Liner Retainer. Clip Bumper. MUDGUARD, OPC - 909140007 - Genuine Subaru Part

Its a cheap little part to buy so Im going to go ahead and order it, but Im curious if you think Ive got it right?

Thank you again

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Crosstrek Limited
1,196 Posts
If you looked at the other side of the car and it's the clip you're missing then I would go ahead and buy it since it's a cheap part. But order it from your Subaru dealer if you want since they will be able to confirm it for you, that way you don't order the wrong clip/part.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Premium 2.0 CVT
86 Posts
For what It’s worth, I would go to an advance auto or equivalent auto store and get a variety pack of push plastic pins (assorted packs for Subaru cost about six bucks) and just see which one fits snugly and pop it in. Don’t see a need to buy exact oem part, they all work the same as long as it fills the hole.

it’s essentially this design but grab the pack that says for Subaru. should be one for every brand in the rack.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts