Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, I moved down to sunny South Florida! There's a lot to do and see down here. I havent been to the woods since I left North Georgia and I felt it was time to get back into the wilderness today. What a better place to go than the Holey Land. My son and I went looking for fishing holes and hunting spots. We took the XV almost 20 miles deep from the highway. We were probably 50 miles from civilization. :grin: We hauled butt along levees along canals and looked for gators and Burmese Pythons. The pythons are an invasive reptile, for which I have obtained a permit to capture for the FWC.

So here are some pics!

Enter the Holey Land!

A couple of strange fish...maybe they are catfish or snakeheads?

There are miles and miles of this! No speed limit signs! The XV does well on gravel about 60mph! Feels like nothing!

My first Florida Gator! I've seen plenty growing up in coastal Georgia though.

Hope you enjoyed our little trip. Next time I hope to get a python like this one:

Here is the damage: the whole car is covered in white powder from the Florida limestone roads. Good thing I chose Satin White Pearl! A lot got washed off when we went through a small rain storm. It was fun splashing through the big puddles on the way out.

BTW, on my way out of the swamp the first car that went by in the northbound lane was a '16 White XV! I flashed them and I think they waved. :icon_lol: Have fun exploring in your XVs!

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Cool trip. You definitely choose the right color for the area.

I think those fish are Plecos. They are not exactly native to North America. I've seen river completely cover with this fish once. Very disturbing to see. They most likely end up there because their owners can't take care of them. They can grow very big.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll check with the FWC if the fish are in fact plecos. Thanks! There were all sorts of fish popping the surface of the captive pond they were in. Cant wait to fish there. Insane amount of fish activity.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
You can't really fish plecos since they are algae eater. If the fish stay in one place and seem to stick to the rocks then it's good bet they are plecos.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts