Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. I tried searching in the forum but didn't find an answer, so I guess I'll have to ask.

This is my 1st Subaru, I'm coming from a Wrangler. When I switched rims and tires in my Jeep I had Discount put in new TPMS Sensors and did not have them program them or anything, they learned themselves or something.

So my question is this: when I go to buy another set of rims and tires I want to keep the stock set for winter usage and use the aftermarkets for summer. How is that going to work with the TPMS Sensors? Will I be able to just switch sets whenever I want and the car will pick up the new sensors? Or do I need to bring to a shop every time I switch wheels and have somethi g programmed?
Thanks in advance for your answers!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry, forgot to add that it's a 2021 X-Trek Sport

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
182 Posts
I run two sets of wheels, one set for summer and one set for winter. I bought my second set from Tirerack and ordered them with Autel Programmable Sensors.

I then bought the tool to be able to clone the stock ones to the new Autel ones. Once you do this you can swap tires whenever you want to w/o having to worry about it.

You may have a local tire place willing to clone them for you for a limited charge. This would keep you from having to buy the tool.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I run two sets of wheels, one set for summer and one set for winter. I bought my second set from Tirerack and ordered them with Autel Programmable Sensors.

I then bought the tool to be able to clone the stock ones to the new Autel ones. Once you do this you can swap tires whenever you want to w/o having to worry about it.

You may have a local tire place willing to clone them for you for a limited charge. This would keep you from having to buy the tool.
Thanks! I'll have to look into that once I get the money for a new set of wheels and tires. Hopefully it'll be before spring

·
Registered
2019 Crosstrek Limited
349 Posts
If you have Discount Tire wheels and tires, they should (at least mine does) come with lifetime winter/summer wheel swaps and TPMS setting. That's one of the reasons I went with DS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts