Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced this on their CVT Crosstrek?
I’m trying to figure out if that’s what I’m experiencing a while now.
All solenoids on the valve body checks out within spec. Has a new torque converter, steering rack, bearings, engine mounts

I get a vibration on tight turns only when the car is warmed up.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Since you have ruled out the solenoid,something I suspected on my car,I have to ask.When was the last time you had the tires rotated?My '02 OBS<I had recently bought it used,behaved as you describe at first.It got to where it did that cold too.Rotating the tires fixed it.Luckily,I caught it before damaging the center diff.

The fronts will wear faster than the rears.The increased wear on the fronts will mean that the fronts will have to make more revolutions over a given distance vs the rears.When making a tight turn,the fronts will have to cover much more ground and make more revolutions vs the rears and the increased wear on the fronts will increase the difference in revolutions to a value greater than it was designed to endure and torque bind occurs.

A simple tire rotation might sound too easy to be true,but it worked for me.It just might work for you too.

Good luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since you have ruled out the solenoid,something I suspected on my car,I have to ask.When was the last time you had the tires rotated?My '02 OBS<I had recently bought it used,behaved as you describe at first.It got to where it did that cold too.Rotating the tires fixed it.Luckily,I caught it before damaging the center diff.

The fronts will wear faster than the rears.The increased wear on the fronts will mean that the fronts will have to make more revolutions over a given distance vs the rears.When making a tight turn,the fronts will have to cover much more ground and make more revolutions vs the rears and the increased wear on the fronts will increase the difference in revolutions to a value greater than it was designed to endure and torque bind occurs.

A simple tire rotation might sound too easy to be true,but it worked for me.It just might work for you too.

Good luck
Thanks I just switched to summers and its still happening

1 - 4 of 4 Posts