Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago I took my 2021 XV Limited out to Toquerville Falls near Zion National Park.

The road out gets pretty rough. All the UTV traffic here has torn it up pretty well and I even passed a 4x4 pickup on the way out that broke an axle. That said, I took things nice and slow and managed to get in and out without too much trouble. There was only one part on the way out—where that pickup got stuck—where in retrospect I should've gotten out to stack some rocks rather than take those giant potholes as they were. I don't think I damaged anything but I definitely bottomed out tackling that bit.

My XV is stock except for a set of Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail tires. I would definitely not attempt this road on stock tires. This photo is of a relatively mild portion.

There are some side roads that take you up to a great view over I-15.

·
Prefers black cats
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
12,144 Posts
Awesome! We love Zion...

·
He wasn't there!
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,588 Posts
Nice. I'm not sure I'd be willing to try those paths.

Reactions: Montana Actual

·
Registered
2014 White XV
12 Posts
Thanks for the trip report! Do you think a lift may have helped? Just playing what if’s since I missed Toquerville Falls last time I was out at Zion

·
Needs a Butch car
2020 Crosstrek Premium
1,089 Posts
Looks fun! For peace of mind it might make sense to invest in some Primitive Racing skid plates. Mine have certainly taken a lot of hits.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
17 Posts
Looks like a fun trip!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the trip report! Do you think a lift may have helped? Just playing what if’s since I missed Toquerville Falls last time I was out at Zion
I'm not sure. May have helped me avoid bottoming out but I could've avoided that with some rock stacking instead.

Looks fun! For peace of mind it might make sense to invest in some Primitive Racing skid plates. Mine have certainly taken a lot of hits.
I'm considering a set of those as my next step. I don't plan on taking this any further than A/T tires and skid plates. If I want to tackle a trail where that's not sufficient I'll just rent a jeep for the day. That's how I handled Cathedral Valley in Capitol Reef on this trip and I was very glad I didn't try to take my XV on that road.

·
Needs a Butch car
2020 Crosstrek Premium
1,089 Posts
I'm not sure. May have helped me avoid bottoming out but I could've avoided that with some rock stacking instead.

I'm considering a set of those as my next step. I don't plan on taking this any further than A/T tires and skid plates. If I want to tackle a trail where that's not sufficient I'll just rent a jeep for the day. That's how I handled Cathedral Valley in Capitol Reef on this trip and I was very glad I didn't try to take my XV on that road.
I think that's a very reasonable place to stop. You'll have a pretty capable CUV and probably not bust open your oil pan if you make a mistake. You'll probably also keep your MPGs.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Absolutely beautiful! Not sure I would be able to leave. Always the hardest part. Luckily, I don't get cell reception in 99% of the places I venture out to, otherwise I'd suddenly catch a "sickness" and would have to let work know I just can't make it in for a couple days, weeks, or months.

·
Registered
2014 White XV
12 Posts
Absolutely beautiful! Not sure I would be able to leave. Always the hardest part. Luckily, I don't get cell reception in 99% of the places I venture out to, otherwise I'd suddenly catch a "sickness" and would have to let work know I just can't make it in for a couple days, weeks, or months.
Well, here’s a cure for your sickness. Not sure if you already have this tho

·
Registered
277 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts