Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about replacing the OEM Falken tires on my 2021 Crosstrek Limited. Live in Pittsburgh and drive often to Indianapolis. I don't want "winter only" tires...just a good, all seasons tire. Suggestions?

·
Prefers black cats
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
13,753 Posts
I'm thinking about replacing the OEM Falken tires on my 2021 Crosstrek Limited. Live in Pittsburgh and drive often to Indianapolis. I don't want "winter only" tires...just a good, all seasons tire. Suggestions?
Try the search and check out the stickies (the common threads that are pinned or stuck to the top of the tires forums)

·
Registered
930 Posts
What don't you like about the stock tires? You'll find that a lot of tires are in short supply as is most everything these days. Neighbor and my brother both recently got the Crossclimates.

I switched my Yokohomas when new to a Falken Wildpeaks but that was more for the AT tread and rugged looks. Was able to easily sell my factory tires due to being new. I'm north of PGH.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
2,091 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Limited
858 Posts
Tirerack rates the Vredestein Quatrac Pro tires very highly as all-weather tires.
There are no Vredestein dealers in my AO however.
I'm most likely to get the Michelin CrossClimate2's for replacements, when necessary.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sas-XV (reply to 2 posts above): So why not buy the Vredestein's via Tire Rack? At any rate, they only have a wear rating of 400...sounds like they will burn up quickly.

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Limited
858 Posts
sas-XV (reply to 2 posts above): So why not buy the Vredestein's via Tire Rack? At any rate, they only have a wear rating of 400...sounds like they will burn up quickly.
Yes, I could do that, but I would feel much better with an actual dealer locally, supporting those tires.
The OEM Falkens are rated 360, so the Vredestein's should wear a little better than those.

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Limited
858 Posts
I can't see buying another tire with rapid wear. Even at a lower price, it requires new tires again sooner.
I agree with this, and all the tires that I have purchased in the recent past had a higher rating.
However there is another 'tire thread' on this forum currently discussing 'tire age', and many are thinking about why pay for high wear rating tires when you still have to replace them in six years or so with lots of tread left?
So, po-ta-to or po-tat-oe.

·
Prefers black cats
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
13,753 Posts
Not everyone drives the assumed 12K per year, especially since the pandemic. Ours will be 4 years old in a couple of weeks and just hit 20K.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts