Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
11,822 Posts
That's really interesting and good that you were able to test it before and after the tint.

Glare and reflections are a huge problem for dash cams in very sunny places like here. I just got a polarized filter and it works somewhat but it also reduces the light. The jury is still out...

Reactions: Montana Actual

·
Registered
167 Posts
That's really interesting and good that you were able to test it before and after the tint.

Glare and reflections are a huge problem for dash cams in very sunny places like here. I just got a polarized filter and it works somewhat but it also reduces the light. The jury is still out...
The new VIOFO A139 comes with a polarized filter. They really did a great job with this camera. Read and watched tons of reviews on all kinds of dash cams. I probably should wait for the 4k version, but I know this one will be just fine. So, I'll most likely just cut out an area for the camera - since it will be mounted before tinting. I'll just leave that small portion factory tint and I doubt you'd even notice it unless you were looking for it.

·
Registered
Crosstrek Outdoor, Subaru Legacy 2.0 GT spec.B
335 Posts
A couple of points...
Tint film does add to the security of a vehicle... it is much harder to casually smash a side window to break in and steal when there is a film on the inside!
Once when traveling for work my mate and I got to use the company 'Airport Limo' for our trip as the driver was off on holiday. It was a big Ford estate (AK will remember Ford Granada ;) - big for UK anyway! ) with full limo tint in the rear for privacy and security... we felt so cool cruising round in this thing. Got a shock though when returning to the car after a meal and trying to reverse out of the parking space in a multi storey car park! Could not see a thing out of the rear - astonishing!
Also to note your eyes do adapt to different levels of light... it is completely different looking out from a dark place to somewhere where there is more light - but noticeably better when you are younger!!! :ROFLMAO:

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
11,822 Posts
LOL, thanks for calling me out! 😸

The Granada was big but my dad got a Peugeot 505 estate. Perhaps it had a bigger cargo area? That was a big hulking vehicle at it's time and place. Got me to college in Exeter.

Reactions: Graphite
41 - 44 of 44 Posts