Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, well I received my header from Inferno Fabrication. I received tunes from Throttle Happy but I'm on the fence concerning his tunes. The price is right but XRT is offering a lot more but for a lot more $$. I all ready have the following installed w/ out a tune (HPS Short Ram Intake, Cherry Bomb Glass Pack 87521CB & Crawford Eco-Block Q2) want to know from those w/the CVT and a Throttle Happy tune what are your thoughts?

·
Premium Member
8,311 Posts
So, from what I understand in your post, you have already paid for TH's tune, correct? But I'm assuming that you haven't installed them? I don't think TH offers refunds but he might offer to allow you to resell it to someone else but that's totally up to him.

XRT doesn't seem to have a following in the XV world so it's hard to say if the offering is worth the money....

At the end of the day, we are all running a NA engine. And NA engines have limited tuning capabilities so unless XRT can give you a guarantee that they will do a lot better and you are willing to do a dyno as well as forgo the money you put down for TH, I don't see the value in XRT. I'm not saying that it's not there but I haven't seen or heard of any.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haven't paid for the Throttle Happy tunes.

·
Premium Member
8,311 Posts
Then the choice gets a little fuzzier... But I would ask for clarification from XRT on if they can actually deliver on their promises. As we know from Throttle Happy, remote tunes has it's pros and cons and it's been well documented here on what many of them are. XRT... not so much. I would ask XRT as well as Throttle Happy what their position is on the other product (ie. why you should pay them your money instead of the other guy). I'm sure both of them know what the other promises as there are really only two in the remote tuning game. I would also take that information and post it here so that members can voice their opinions on the subject as well.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Although I know some users here have had less than great experiences with him, the Throttlehappy tune may be the best mod that I've done since the HD-MFD. By far the biggest performance improvements you will see will be from an ECU tune.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Xrt

Then the choice gets a little fuzzier... But I would ask for clarification from XRT on if they can actually deliver on their promises. As we know from Throttle Happy, remote tunes has it's pros and cons and it's been well documented here on what many of them are. XRT... not so much. I would ask XRT as well as Throttle Happy what their position is on the other product (ie. why you should pay them your money instead of the other guy). I'm sure both of them know what the other promises as there are really only two in the remote tuning game. I would also take that information and post it here so that members can voice their opinions on the subject as well.
Hello:

We are in the process in developing the capability to tune the crosstek/xv at the level we like to be at. This is the same for car models we worked on for prefect reviews.

The reason we do not have a following because we don't offer global mass produce maps. In addition, my daily job is ICT (Cybersecurity), so I don't have time to query on mass products. We dedicate all resource for a tune when it starts. So our area in tuning is difference. Our customers are at a difference caliber to the average customer seeking a cheap one of tune. That is, they have to be willing to log, read, explain and precise in they feedback for future customers.

We are working close with Fred to optimise the tuning for the tranny before moving on to ignition. His feedback is very favourable. Because I am on vacation, the tuning is slow, but Fred continue to provide the feedback and support going forward. Everything else been change except for ignition, since the logging params for these models are limited. We do not do based maps. We offer full customised tuning. Maybe for 2018, we could look back at it with a support fee if you want to switch to fine tuning.

One thing we do, if we take to long to tune or resolve issues we refund. If you review the Internet for our performance, you will see this.

http://xtremeracingtuning.com/about/our-achievements/

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just a little update on the tuning I'm receiving from XRT.
As of now I installed the updated ROM he sent me (haven't driven it yet) but I can say that the prior one was AWESOME! Small issues from when I open it up from a stand still but when I need passing power it's there!
Tranny behavior is near perfect! And besides all of this he's their with better than excellent customer support!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hey fhartell,

I'll be following along with the progress of your car getting tuned. I sent Edward my stock ROM last night. I have similar mods on a
2017 Crosstrek 5MT/UEL headers, Apexi drop in, SSD intake piping (stock air box) & a modified Nameless 5" axle back. I currently have a ThrottleHappy tune on the car.
Are you logging the generic OBD in Romraider or do you have a logcfg.txt for standalone logging? Just curious, because i was never sent a logcfg.txt to drop on my SD card to do the standalone logging.

Randall

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey fhartell,

I'll be following along with the progress of your car getting tuned. I sent Edward my stock ROM last night. I have similar mods on a
2017 Crosstrek 5MT/UEL headers, Apexi drop in, SSD intake piping (stock air box) & a modified Nameless 5" axle back. I currently have a ThrottleHappy tune on the car.
Are you logging the generic OBD in Romraider or do you have a logcfg.txt for standalone logging? Just curious, because i was never sent a logcfg.txt to drop on my SD card to do the standalone logging.

Randall
I tried w/ the logcfg.txt but it didn't really work. I've been logging w/ RomRaider but the AFR doesn't log correctly w/ the Crosstrek. Then I went w/ subaruEdit and the customer service was the worst and was having problems w/ that even though their are a couple of variables that RomRaider didn't log. I'm looking at ecuEdit now.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I tried w/ the logcfg.txt but it didn't really work. I've been logging w/ RomRaider but the AFR doesn't log correctly w/ the Crosstrek. Then I went w/ subaruEdit and the customer service was the worst and was having problems w/ that even though their are a couple of variables that RomRaider didn't log. I'm looking at ecuEdit now.
We will create one and share it once we can get all the info needed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.