Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2017 and 2021 CrossTrek Limited
159 Posts
24x6, forrest green
@sas-XV Thanks! I had found the 36” earlier, but not the 24”. I went with forest green, Matte finish. Did you go glossy or matte? Any regrets? How long did it take to get the decal via “international shipping” for $8?

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Limited
234 Posts
@sas-XV Thanks! I had found the 36” earlier, but not the 24”. I went with forest green, Matte finish. Did you go glossy or matte? Any regrets? How long did it take to get the decal via “international shipping” for $8?
jeb:

Glossy, thinking it might last longer.
Forest green, actual tree color.
Ordered on 9/23, and still patiently waiting. ;)

·
Registered
2017 and 2021 CrossTrek Limited
159 Posts
jeb:

Glossy, thinking it might last longer.
Forest green, actual tree color.
Ordered on 9/23, and still patiently waiting. ;)
@sas-XV Ah, I had glossy and switched to matte last minute. I plan to put some ceramic coating over it. Ordered yesterday. Please pm me when yours arrives so I know mine is a week out. Stuff from China takes 4-6 weeks due to customs and such. Not sure about Russia territories!

·
Registered
855 Posts
@Montanan has this T shirt design from the previous post been put forward for a decal version in Orange/White/Black/Red?

#11 Dec 16, 2013 (Edited)

New Logo ...

Something like this one ? :

XV-Forurm Logo.jpg

White print on black shirt, or it could be inverted - black print on white shirt too ! ... ;)

Cheers, Bantum ...

·
Official XV decal guy!
9 Posts
Let's try to keep this topic at least relatively on-point, guys ... there are a million other places to repeat the usual tire and oil jokes.

Anyhow, here's my suggestion: Etsy has some smaller mountain/tree decals that are intended to go above the "Crosstrek" badge on the rear hatch. How about something like that, that includes the forum url rather than the word "Crosstrek"?
The cool thing about vector files is that they are scalable! The same image can be made very big or small (within reason. Too small and it gets too difficult to cut or weed). Here is a mountain scene that I saw someplace else that was shown over the CROSSTREK logo but like I said it could be scaled up for the doors or windows.

·
Official XV decal guy!
9 Posts
Let's get this ball rolling...

Anyone want a free decal? I've got 10 mountain decals (sized at 7.75" to go over the "CROSSTREK" logo on the rear lift gate). Maximum of 1 per person, 10 total and even shipping is free!

·
Administrator
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Pure Red
3,684 Posts
Let's get this ball rolling...

Anyone want a free decal? I've got 10 mountain decals (sized at 7.75" to go over the "CROSSTREK" logo on the rear lift gate). Maximum of 1 per person, 10 total and even shipping is free!

Thanks! This is very generous and very cool.

I just grabbed one, and will be sure to post a pic of it on my car when it arrives!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Thanks Chris. I’m happy to help and plan on coming up with new designs as well. Please feel free to let me know of there are any specific designs folks are looking to get made-up.
Question: Are you licensed by Subaru Corporation to use Subaru trade names and logos and sell for profit?

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
9,446 Posts
Reactions: toddlamp

·
Administrator
3,684 Posts
Question: Are you licensed by Subaru Corporation to use Subaru trade names and logos and sell for profit?
:rolleyes:
Sorry, I just had to use that smiley.

Not a lawyer, but I think the products Todd has designed for us would pretty definitely qualify as fair use under US trademark law. If you're on a quest for something to worry about this morning, though, consider this: the giant, soulless corporation that operates these forums and monetizes our content, almost certainly doesn't have a licensing agreement with Subaru, either. :)

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
9,446 Posts
@Montanan, resent your overlords much... 😸

Fair use has limits. Mountains not so much but the use of brands such as "Crosstrek" could attract attention, and the promotion by forums for profit, more so. Just sayin...

·
Administrator
3,684 Posts
@Montanan, resent your overlords much... 😸
lol ... if you'd care to advance an argument that VerticalScope is NOT a giant, soulless corporation, feel free to start a new thread to do that. ;)

Same goes for any further discussions of Fair Use principles ... let's keep this thread on point. And I hope we can show Todd some support for the effort he's putting towards supporting our community.

·
Official XV decal guy!
9 Posts
To answer your question of if I am "license by Subaru Corporation"; I am not. And honestly that is why I do not sell the Subaru star logo or their STi logos.

Now, I am no lawyer either but I did not think there would be a problem using the words "Subaru", "XV" or "Crosstrek" similar to how many online forums, this one included, uses these names as references and as a means of facilitating profit. It's definitely an interesting question and honestly maybe one I never looked into fully, subconsciously, in order to, maybe, remain ignorant of the facts.

·
Registered
2019 Crosstrek Limited
341 Posts
Just ordered the free mountain. Interested in the door decal shown previously.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts