Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Super Moderator
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why hello there...

Looking for decals to help distinguish your Crosstrek from the rest of the crowd?

Say hello to @toddlamp our new Official XV Decal Guru.

Decals: Welcome to Lamp One

Available in multiple colors** going left, right, inside / exterior applications. Also just the website address by itself if you wish to be more minimalistic.

**This includes Orange for @Montanan.... Oh wait... I mean Red

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Limited
234 Posts
But that one already exists... You have a picture of it. :p
But not from ToddLamp, it has to be imported from the Ukraine through SupDek graphics. Kind of convoluted import/export international shipping and it's associated costs.

·
Official XV decal guy!
8 Posts
But not from ToddLamp, it has to be imported from the Ukraine through SupDek graphics. Kind of convoluted import/export international shipping and it's associated costs.
I assumed Chris was being facetious but we just met, LOL.

And do you mean something like this? I just made it based on the design you posted.

·
Official XV decal guy!
8 Posts
Yes, those look very nice.
How much would you charge per set, and what colors are available?
I would need some dimensions first. I don't have an XV at my immediate disposal so I'm not sure how much room we would be working with. I assume you would want this for the bottom of the front door like in the pic? If so please get me a measurement of the entire width of that area to know the largest that would be needed and let me know if you think something smaller would look better and, if so, what that width size would be. The height will be whatever is proportionate to the width.

That's really the only way to be able to determine actual cost. As you can tell from the design the weeding process is somewhat complicated and that factors into the price.

When I was looking around it seemed like these were selling for ~$30/set and it would definitely be around that price.

As for colors I current have 12. You can see the color chart here:

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Limited
234 Posts
I would need some dimensions first. I don't have an XV at my immediate disposal so I'm not sure how much room we would be working with. I assume you would want this for the bottom of the front door like in the pic? If so please get me a measurement of the entire width of that area to know the largest that would be needed and let me know if you think something smaller would look better and, if so, what that width size would be. The height will be whatever is proportionate to the width.

That's really the only way to be able to determine actual cost. As you can tell from the design the weeding process is somewhat complicated and that factors into the price.

When I was looking around it seemed like these were selling for ~$30/set and it would definitely be around that price.

As for colors I current have 12. You can see the color chart here:
ToddLamp:
I think you have the sizing in your sample correct, +/- 24" long with proportional height.
Your green color would look amazing on a white car I think.
Are you able to print the chosen color on a clear background (so that the car's color can show through)?
Thanks for your responses, I think that many on this site would be interested in individualizing their XV's.

·
Official XV decal guy!
8 Posts
ToddLamp:
I think you have the sizing in your sample correct, +/- 24" long with proportional height.
Your green color would look amazing on a white car I think.
Are you able to print the chosen color on a clear background (so that the car's color can show through)?
Thanks for your responses, I think that many on this site would be interested in individualizing their XV's.
An excellent question and a great opportunity to clarify what products I am currently able to offer so that the proper expectations

What I do is take large sheets of vinyl material that is a single color and cut out designs removing material to reveal those designs. I prefer the term decal because it's more of a silhouette and while it has an adhesive backing I feel calling it a sticker is a misnomer because that implies, for me at least, that there is an image being printed onto a substrate.

What this means for the example above is that the blue areas/color that is showing through is merely the backing that exists under a complete sheet of white vinyl and are only now visible because I removed (technical term is "to weed") the excess material to leave the desired image and that everywhere you see blue (the white winyl I use has a blue backing. Other color have a white backing) would be vacant spot when applied to whatever surface to are using to display and thus whatever color the surface is is what you will see once applied. I hope that makes sense.

Basically this means that most of my decals are going to be a single color. I say most because while it is possible to layer different colors it adds another layer of complexity to the final product which would increase the cost.

I use only 3M Scotchcal ElectroCut Film 7125 which is a 2mil cast vinyl with a 7yr outdoor rating. It's good stuff and far superior to lots of products being sold else.

I hope to also provide printed and cut stickers in the future but it's a very expensive investment so I cannot commit to any particular time frame except to say "eventually it will happen", lol.

·
Administrator
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Pure Red
3,674 Posts
Let's try to keep this topic at least relatively on-point, guys ... there are a million other places to repeat the usual tire and oil jokes.

Anyhow, here's my suggestion: Etsy has some smaller mountain/tree decals that are intended to go above the "Crosstrek" badge on the rear hatch. How about something like that, that includes the forum url rather than the word "Crosstrek"?

·
Registered
854 Posts
A bird in flight or a bird flight sequence?

I'm just brainstorming to throw out some ideas here to inspire others to come up with something better/more original.

Maybe a variation of the forest trees that has a kayak, mountain bike and/or other personalised recreational activities? Dog walkers, bird watchers, lounging cats? It would be nice to have something a little nicer than the stick family figures or for the rear quarter panel windows other than American flags (perhaps a play on the Pleiades stars)? Something to help conceal/delete or playfully frame the front bumper plate holes eg Trek Life - Subaru Crosstrek Car Decal - Baru HQ | Subaru crosstrek, Subaru crosstrek accessories, Car decals vinyl ? Continuous door along rocker panel decals eg Pair Hot Car Decal Vinyl Graphics Side stickers Body Decals sticker Black 6921179552968 | eBay but with mud splatters (like @HeyChris mentioned on another post - a little dirt won't hurt), or water spray (just add water)?

·
Official XV decal guy!
8 Posts

·
Registered
2017 and 2021 CrossTrek Limited
159 Posts
Can you provide details on where you ordered yours from (link) and what color that is? Black, dark green?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts