Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Base 6MT Cool Gray Khaki
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Purchased a 2021 Base 6MT in Cool Gray Khaki in December. Here it sits shortly after I got it.

My first Crosstrek - 2016 Premium 5 speed in Crystal White Pearl

Interior
Done
Planned
  • Cargo Cover
  • Seat Back Protector
  • 67d Mounts
  • Tactical Tracks Midland Radio Mount
  • Midland GMRS Radio and Ghost Antenna
  • Orbis Overland Molle Panels
  • Sound deadening
Exterior
Done
Planned
  • Curt 2” hitch
  • Awning
  • Ditch Lights
  • Skid Plates
  • Grimmspeed Fender Flares

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My Diode Dynamics foglights came today! Now just need the rest of the parts I ordered from Subaru Online Parts last week. Hoping they’ll ship and arrive soon. Can’t wait to get these installed!

·
Super Moderator
2020 Crosstrek Premium
1,702 Posts
Can you talk more about the black silicon license plate frames please? What are your likes/dislikes? I was considering getting some.

I'd suggest removing the stock mud guards. They don't really do anything except fill up with gravel and sand and rub on the paint a little. They're hollow. Just replace them with the mud flaps.

I have the 225/65R17 Falken Wildpeak AT Trails on stock wheels. It's a great combo. The BFG KO2s are much heavier.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Can you talk more about the black silicon license plate frames please? What are your likes/dislikes? I was considering getting some.

I'd suggest removing the stock mud guards. They don't really do anything except fill up with gravel and sand and rub on the paint a little. They're hollow. Just replace them with the mud flaps.

I have the 225/65R17 Falken Wildpeak AT Trails on stock wheels. It's a great combo. The BFG KO2s are much heavier.
I ordered them from amazon. I think they were like $13 for the pair which you can’t beat. I do like them but as with any silicone, they hold a lot of dust/dirt. I do like the way they look, and they don’t rattle at all which is nice.

I’m planning to swap the OEM splash guards for some Black Rally Armor ones. I had red Rally Armors on my last Crosstrek and liked them.

The Wildpeaks are my top choice. Glad to hear you’re enjoying them. I’m thinking I’ll put them on right before winter.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just finished installing my Ram Tough Track on my dash. Still waiting on the rest of my ram mounts to arrive. Planning on having my ham radio and cell phone mounted here.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Viofo cameras are finally reinstalled. Had to ship them back because the rear wasn’t working. Received a new set and finally got the rear installed properly. Wasn’t too bad, but of course I put the rear on slightly crooked.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice. I should have gone with the A129. It fits perfectly in these cars. I went with the A139 instead though. I also like your RAM mount. Never seen it before. Pretty sweet. Did it need to be screwed in? I have my phone mounted much lower but I do like the mount idea.
Yes I drilled 2 holes to mount the track. I actually found this video on YouTube and did the same thing. Need to remove vents, and then that trim piece pops off.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Installed the Pedal Commander today and all I can say is WOW!! This thing is amazing. The throttle response is sooo much better. Makes the 6 speed so much more responsive and peppy. I love it! Definitely money well spent. Couldn’t really figure out the best place to mount it. For now it’s here, may change it at some point.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Installed the Pedal Commander today and all I can say is WOW!! This thing is amazing. The throttle response is sooo much better. Makes the 6 speed so much more responsive and peppy. I love it! Definitely money well spent. Couldn’t really figure out the best place to mount it. For now it’s here, may change it at some point.

View attachment 307147

View attachment 307148
Which setting did you end up settling on? Eco,city, sport, or sport+?
Would having this installed affect the warranty?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Which setting did you end up settling on? Eco,city, sport, or sport+?
Would having this installed affect the warranty?
I have it on Sport +4. Sport+ was a little too touchy. This does not affect the warranty. The instructions say if you bring to the dealer to just put out of sight, but if you bring for warranty work to remove it. It just plugs into the throttle pedal.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts