Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
11,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yikes! Apparently it was softball sized...

Reactions: GB49

·
Prefers non-orange cars
11,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not to mention, EyeSight might have some issues, there…
Ha, ha, although what I find remarkable is the damage to the hood but so little to the windshield. Maybe the angle means it's a glancing blow rather than a direct hit.

·
He wasn't there!
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,541 Posts
Ouch

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2019 Crosstrek Limited
1,348 Posts
Ha, ha, although what I find remarkable is the damage to the hood but so little to the windshield.
Maybe that's because the windshield on this storm chaser's 2018 Forester has been replaced 4-5 times per year, according to this:

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Crosstrek Limited
777 Posts
If zombies were real I bet that car would probably still be running, LOL! 120k miles ain't too bad given the conditions it has been through.

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2019 Crosstrek Limited
1,348 Posts
Here's a video of Reed's Forester getting pounded by hail:

·
Prefers non-orange cars
11,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Maybe that's because the windshield on this storm chaser's 2018 Forester has been replaced 4-5 times per year, according to this:
Ha, ha, thanks for this! I had tried Tineye but couldn't find the source. The comments are interesting, too...

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
The down side of the Subaru alloy bonnets. Although nothing would save that car. I have had two of my five Subarus owned in my life in Australia written off to hail damage.
We got a great deal on our car because it had a hail damaged bonnet. All the steel panels and roof, etc were pristine. The dealer replaced the bonnet anyway (y)(y). Some of the Texas hail videos show damaged cars in a dealership lot. Hope the insurance company honours their end.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
11,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Congrats for including bonnet and honours in the same paragraph! 😸

Reactions: SubieSubieDo
1 - 20 of 26 Posts