Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Limited with rear mirror with garage door buttons. I also have heated side mirror supposedly with auto dimming. The side mirrors do not have courtesy access lights. I don't think the side mirrors are dimming. I see the rear view mirror dim but not the sides. Is there a way to check if they are operating? I know there is a clear edge around the inside mirror but don't see that in the side mirrors. Any way to test them?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Unfortunately sounds like you do not have dimming side mirrors, just the rear view. The courtesy lights are only on the dimming mirrors I believe and the clear edge would be very pronounced around the mirror. I have heard that ordering the parts and doing the upgrade yourself is pretty easy if it’s something you’re interested in.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately sounds like you do not have dimming side mirrors, just the rear view. The courtesy lights are only on the dimming mirrors I believe and the clear edge would be very pronounced around the mirror. I have heard that ordering the parts and doing the upgrade yourself is pretty easy if it’s something you’re interested in.
Thanks, After reading your reply, I checked my invoice and saw I have the heated side mirrors but not dimming. During the buying process, I had requested dimming mirrors but apparently the car they had in stock did not have it. At least I didn't pay for it but I would have liked it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a 2019 with the auto dimming rear mirror. picked up a set of the side mirrors over the weekend. Installed them yesterday. I really like the illumination of the door and door area. Buuut. either my drivers mirror is a little distorted or its designed that way. It's almost as if there is a slight bulge in the mirror. Maybe to help with the night function which does work. the passenger side does not seem to have the same functionality that the drivers side does though. And the passenger side shows no distortion.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 2019 with the auto dimming rear mirror. picked up a set of the side mirrors over the weekend. Installed them yesterday. I really like the illumination of the door and door area. Buuut. either my drivers mirror is a little distorted or its designed that way. It's almost as if there is a slight bulge in the mirror. Maybe to help with the night function which does work. the passenger side does not seem to have the same functionality that the drivers side does though. And the passenger side shows no distortion.
Did you use a UTube for installing the mirrors? Is the wiring already in place? General price for them? Thanks for any info. I'm not a car mechanic but can do things around the house so maybe I can handle this.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I got them off of Subaru parts. they are OEM. I also got the install instructions from the same site. it's real simple to install. I'm not bragging but my mechanical skill set makes this install childs play for me. I'm going to pull the drivers side off and re install. it is a little difficult to be sure that all four clips are seated properly.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My first 19 Premium had auto dim rear view and side mirrors. Car got totalled. Got as close to the same in replacement but has auto dim rear view but not on side mirrors. I could tell immediately in night driving. Don't understand why it wouldn't be all auto dim or all not dimming. But the first car had remote start and second had mud flaps and no remote start or dimming side mirrors. At my wife's insistence I added remote start. But, there are limits to how much I will buy a la carte. Can't figure out the logic of the packages.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts