Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
One of my military family member's reposted this. Interesting thought experiment if nothing else. I am very curious to see what people actually end up doing with these things.

Image may contain: text

Don't take a sledgehammer to the windows... ?
And cause I can never miss a jab at ole Elon

Image result for cybertruck meme presentation

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
The truck is stealth and cannot be detected by radar. SWEET! ? Below is the Navy's stealth destroyer. Your new truck can serve as a stealth attack vehicle! :LOL:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I never a big fan of full electric car, in east coast we have very few charging stations provided for the public, especially NY! but 500 miles range is a breakthrough. that can be cover lots of ground. will see how it goes, Tesla aways delay on delivery time. when Elon say 2021, it can be ended up in 2023!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
anyone else here in this forum have reservation beside me? BTW, my wife say, she is no way going to drive that thing! LOL

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2019 Crosstrek Limited
1,020 Posts
I hope that tax payers don't have to subsidize this vehicle too. I have a real problem with someone, who can barely afford a used Ford Ranger, subsidizing another's purchase of an expensive Tesla.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I hope that tax payers don't have to subsidize this vehicle too. I have a real problem with someone, who can barely afford a used Ford Ranger, subsidizing another's purchase of an expensive Tesla.
Well, apparently they start out at $39k which is reasonably competitive with other trucks in the market as I see loaded, lifted and souped out trucks being driven by people that can't afford them anyhow... so no worries there just because of it being Tesla I must say ;)

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2019 Crosstrek Limited
1,020 Posts
Well, apparently they start out at $39k which is reasonably competitive with other trucks in the market as I see loaded, lifted and souped out trucks being driven by people that can't afford them anyhow... so no worries there just because of it being Tesla I must say ;)
But will Tesla ever deliver any pickups at the bait-and-switch price of $39k ? I doubt it.
Has Elon delivered any of the model 3's at the long-promised $35k ?

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
8,841 Posts
California is restricting that now, after outrage that $130K Teslas were tax rebates. We had another thread on that...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
But will Tesla ever deliver any pickups at the bait-and-switch price of $39k ? I doubt it.
The price will be adjust close to the production for sure. I guest will be 8 to 10k more on the base model , and about 15k more on the tri motor! with full option will be close or over 100k mark according to previous format with 2 year delate!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
Vancouver, BC, Canada CGK 2018 Ltd EyeSight
2,373 Posts
My son put in a pre-order. He was impressed with the low price. Only 100 bucks and I think full refund if you don't go through with it. So nothing to lose, really. He has a Tesla M3 and the truck is basically the same price as what he paid for it.

He is not sold on the looks, but likes the functionality for off-road, etc. And it is still just the concept, so they might improve it somewhat. Supposedly the rear cover will have a solar panel option that can charge 50 miles in one day, so that is pretty good.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Saw Supercar Blondie put in an order for one on Youtube with only $100 deposit, which is fully refundable! Hmmm might just do that for the novelty sake of it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Saw Supercar Blondie put in an order for one on Youtube with only $100 deposit, which is fully refundable! Hmmm might just do that for the novelty sake of it.
for over 200k order on this truck, don't think the truck will deliver sooner than 2025 by Elon's schedule, you will have a long wait! LOL

1 - 19 of 19 Posts