Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Preventative maintenance includes for your undercarriage which most people don’t bother with or understand how quickly cars can rust. This isn’t out of the ordinary for a 4 year old car, mileage doesn’t matter a ton since rust takes time to form.

Should have spend a couple bucks on fluid film, it will costs thousands to repair once rust forms on body panels and makes parts unrepairable.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Fluid Film...love it. Been using it for years. I apply to the underside every October. Better than anything else out there. I'll periodically check and touchup if the weather is right. It works and does a great job.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Groan 😒

Just for the record, I guessed 3 states and one of them was correct! 😆

When I lived in New York, (I was raised there) I figured out the perfect way to prevent rust on my vehicles. I moved to Indiana! It also had the side effect of more money in my wallet and a happier life.
You made the best move of your life getting the hell out of New York State!!!! Not only dealing with the weather issues but currently dealing with a governor that is running the state into the ground! Highest taxes, letting violent criminals out of jail, spending tax payers money recklessly, it's insane what's going on here!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Where did you buy the Crosstrek? This may no longer be true but when a friend was moving from Louisiana to Minnesota back in the 90s, she was told that her car needed undercarriage coating to prevent excessive rusting from winter conditions including salt on the road.

·
Super Moderator
2013 XV Crosstrek, Tangerine Orange
3,499 Posts
Friendly reminder, guys ... posts discussing politics are specifically not allowed here.

·
Registered
2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek in White Pearl
33 Posts

My undercarriage (2012/2013 with 51,000 miles) I'm from NY so its very common to see vehicles bottom out like this. Fortunately, the surface rust can be removed and the hardware (mostly) is OKAY for the time being. Its the bearings and other rubber pieces (even my tires) that have gotten dry rot and needed to be replaced.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
View attachment 300148
My undercarriage (2012/2013 with 51,000 miles) I'm from NY so its very common to see vehicles bottom out like this. Fortunately, the surface rust can be removed and the hardware (mostly) is OKAY for the time being. Its the bearings and other rubber pieces (even my tires) that have gotten dry rot and needed to be replaced.
I spray silicone on all rubber parts, weather striping, bushings and gators once a year.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
In post #30, blind spot detection data is erased. When my body shop did mine, lane detection didn't work immediately after. It took about 10 miles for everything to work.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts