Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited Plasma Yellow Pearl
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to take a moment and introduce myself.
I'm Ed a Northern Nevada resident and I just placed a deposit on our new 2021 Crosstrek Limited in Plasma Yellow Pearl.
We should be picking ours up from the dealer tomorrow evening. We test drove this one on Saturday and a few others cars as my oldest daughter is turning 16 and we want this as something for her and I to share mostly for her in the winter time. Part of the reason for the color. Safety 1st! (y)

During the rest of the time she will use our old beater Scion xB (06). Last year we bought my wife a Ascent touring (19) and we used to have a 02 bugeye WRX wagon that someone running a red light felt we no longer needed back in 2007. (The insurance check was what paid for the new xB back then) Hence Subie #3! Insurance rates on a 16 year old and no WRX/STI wagon now days steered us to the Crosstrek.

I have not been part of a car forum since my MR2 Spyder & WRX days and this is the first car since then I felt motivated to seek out a community for.

I will post some pictures after we get the car and look forward to meeting other fellow owners.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We made it home safe and sound!

Attachments

Reactions: SubieSubieDo

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally some time for real pictures, we are very happy! My oldest daughter just finished her 1st lesson in the Crosstrek, btw what is he proper slang? XV?

:love:

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
9,470 Posts
It's a Crosstrek here in the U.S. (or a 'Trek). XV is used in Europe and some other markets.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Finally some time for real pictures, we are very happy! My oldest daughter just finished her 1st lesson in the Crosstrek, btw what is he proper slang? XV?
:love:
Not sure there is one 'proper slang'. Someone here has referred to the Foresters, Outbacks and Crosstreks as Fozzies, Ozzies and Crossies. Others christen their cars with names such as Mattie Ross, Stamford and Submaru. The build post by @Twiddler about Submaru is definitely recommended reading. Glad the lesson went well. Took a long time for the colour to return to my knuckles after the 1st with my #1 Offspring. LOL ;)
EDIT: not that it helps with XV/'Trek slang, another here referred to Outback as Oddball which made me give a wry smile.

·
Registered
861 Posts
LOL. Outside of USA and Canada but don't believe everything I read on Wikipedia.
Actually I was just reviewing the XV sales statistics around the world in 2017 and Australia was right up there with EUROPE, Canada and Japan (around 11000's). ;)

·
Registered
355 Posts
I was told by a co-worker that XV refers to the original Crosstrek body style, while after that "Crosstrek" refers to all of the newest body styles. He said that "XV" stands for "experimental vehicle".

I would like to correct him, so please tell me where this is wrong.

·
Administrator
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Pure Red
3,697 Posts
Congrats on Subie 3, @EDZ!

I was told by a co-worker that XV refers to the original Crosstrek body style, while after that "Crosstrek" refers to all of the newest body styles. He said that "XV" stands for "experimental vehicle".

I would like to correct him, so please tell me where this is wrong.
I'm pretty certain that Subaru has stated that XV stands for "crossover vehicle" ... though it was years ago that I read that, so you'll have to trust my memory. 😊

Subaru dropped the "XV" from the car's name at the beginning of the 2016 model year, as part of its mid-cycle refresh of the 1st-gen car -- it was a pure marketing decision, not based on a new body style. Ever since then the North American-market Crosstreks and the international-market XVs have shared body styles but had different names.

So yeah ... you can tell your co-worker that he's full of it. 😉

·
Registered
355 Posts
Full of **it?

Reactions: Montanan

·
Prefers non-orange cars
9,470 Posts

I'm pretty certain that Subaru has stated that XV stands for "crossover vehicle" ... though it was years ago that I read that, so you'll have to trust my memory. 😊

Subaru dropped the "XV" from the car's name at the beginning of the 2016 model year, as part of its mid-cycle refresh of the 1st-gen car -- it was a pure marketing decision, not based on a new body style. Ever since then the North American-market Crosstreks and the international-market XVs have shared body styles but had different names.

They're also using XV in other markets...

·
Registered
861 Posts

Yes. What Montanan said and "crossover" (hence "Crosstrek" in the North American market) was first attributed to the Impreza body style the XV is based on. In Japan I think it is still called Impreza XV.

Oh when trying to find some hard evidence of this for @Twiddler I came across another colloquial for you @EDZ being "Scooby" (which it seems can apply to any Impreza variant).

·
Prefers non-orange cars
9,470 Posts
Yes. What Montanan said and "crossover" (hence "Crosstrek" in the North American market) was first attributed to the Impreza body style the XV is based on. In Japan I think it is still called Impreza XV.

Oh when trying to find some hard evidence of this for @Twiddler I came across another colloquial for you @EDZ being "Scooby" (which it seems can apply to any Impreza variant).
I love Submaru... 😸

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
"Scooby" and "Subie" were pretty common on the WRX forum in 2002,I almost always say "Subie". thank you all for the details. I am really starting to enjoy the... … PICKLE! :ROFLMAO:

My daughter named the new (Damn with so much to chose from...) TREK, Pickle! (I like Trek..Scifi fan)
When she said, "Dad can I name the car?" I could not say no.
My old departed spyder was named Splat...LONG drive home from the dealer on day 1(600 miles), by the time I got home the Spyder had 5'oclock shadow from all the bugs!

This color goes from yellow to gold to green. Pickle fits!

If they had offered the hybrid blue on the normal version we would have that version. She LOVED that color, in our area they do not offer the hybrid...plus I'm not sure I would want that.

Today was the 1st chance I had to drive the trek since the test drive and the trek pretty awesome so far.
Handles well, good power, and perfect driving position. I do miss a manual transmission, the +30hp makes up for it.

Reactions: Twiddler

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
2000 MR2 Spyder

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
When I was 15 the XT came out and I wanted one more than a girl friend... well almost.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts