Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been doing some mods to my 2014 limited. Decided on a rough country lift. This thing has fought me the whole time. Finally got the front in, so worked on the rear yesterday. I cannot for the life of me get the subframe holes lined up, and I inadvertently cross-threaded a bolt in one of the frame holes. Bolt took no damage, but id like to chase the threads of the hole with a tap. Does anyone know the size? I'd have to buy a tap, as I have nothing that big in metric. Thanks!

·
Registered
2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek Premium
81 Posts
How'd it all work out in the end? I'm thinking of getting the same kit and installing it myself. Any hints or advice?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How'd it all work out in the end? I'm thinking of getting the same kit and installing it myself. Any hints or advice?
Firstly I’d recommend getting the car is higher off the ground as you comfortably can. Otherwise just have as decent a toolset as possible. I did not have any long alignment dowels to be able to put through the subframe into bolt holes to pry. Because of what you’re doing the sub frame wants to torque to the rear of the car, and you either need to only swap one bolt at a time, which is very difficult to have enough room to install the larger spacers, or you need alignment dowels to get everything back situated. Otherwise, it’s extremely straightforward. If I had to do it again I could probably do the whole car in the time that they say, which I believe is 4 hours. But I would recommend allocating double.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts