Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

AutoGuide.com took the Subaru Forester on a 1000+ mile road trip in the thick of winter.

QUOTE:

Is the Subaru Forester a competent road trip vehicle or is it better relegated to errand-running closer to home? To answer this very question, I took a top-shelf Touring model on a long-weekend getaway with some close friends. The target was Munising, Michigan, an isolated small town on the Upper Peninsula’s weather-beaten northern shore. Round trip, this moderately long-haul adventure inflated the vehicle’s odometer by more than 1,000 miles, ample opportunity to get a real feel for how this crossover performs on extended drives.​

Check out the full article here.

·
Registered
99 Posts
My wife has an '18 ForesterXT the '19 XV is mine. Just different vehicles. Naturally the XT is a beast and the XV a kitten. I just enjoy both.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Interior looks sharp, but the "driver attention" thing would drive me bananas. I'm already on the verge of madness with the over-aggressive Lane keep Assist function (grrr) so would take a hard pass on the Eyesight system. Too bad...
And yeah, it's underpowered for its new weight.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My wife has a 2017 Forester, living in Michigan, it plows thru the snow like a champ and is comfortable for long trips to the east coast of the US. Just curious, has anyone else noticed that the brake pads and alignment go to hell in a hand basket in an unusually soon?

·
Registered
81 Posts
My wife has a 2017 Forester, living in Michigan, it plows thru the snow like a champ and is comfortable for long trips to the east coast of the US. Just curious, has anyone else noticed that the brake pads and alignment go to hell in a hand basket in an unusually soon?
Lazarus, FWIW ... my wife’s 2017 Forester was just in for its’ 48,000-mile servicing this week. The Service Advisor — very knowledgeable person — commented he expected we’d get to 100,000 miles before needing new brake pads. Since my wife’s driving style is mostly accelerate-brake (notice no “coasting” is involved), I was surprised. However, this is the second visit he’s made mention of this, so I’m pleased.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It added 1.4 cubic feet of cargo space to allow for a total of 76.1 cubic feet with the rear seats folded down. This number bests quite a few of the Forester's top competitors, including the Honda CR-V. Additionally, the maximum rear cargo area's opening is wider than the 2018 model by 5.3 inches, which allows for easier loading.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
It's nice to compare with other vehicles, and sometimes there are surprising differences (and similarities). For example, we hear a lot of complaints about the lack of power with the Crosstrek. But the fact is that it has better performance (0-60 mph) than the Forester, even though the latter has a more powerful engine. Same is true with the Outback. Yet the Crosstrek seems to get the most criticism for that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
9 Participants
R P
Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
At Subaru XV Forum you'll find fellow Subaru XV Enthusiasts to help perfect that Subaru Crosstrek Build, or share all kinds of information about this Subaru from its specs to its design.
Full Forum Listing