Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching for some time for the best way to black out the chrome outer circle around the font and back subaru emblem. A lot of people have plasti dipped but I have had a problem with pieces of the dip coming off when in the front and getting hit with bugs and debris. Does anyone know a product that may cover this chrome ring or know how to replace the whole emblem with a black one? I have a 2019 if that makes any difference. Cheers!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Does anyone know a product that may cover this chrome ring or know how to replace the whole emblem with a black one?
I have heard people speak of a tough, durable coating, available in a variety of colors, that is applied as a liquid and cures to a hard finish. I think it's called "paint," though I could be mistaken. :happy:

·
Registered
34 Posts
The ones for the 15+ WRX fit I’ve recently done mine. You can get them from amazon or subispeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I have heard people speak of a tough, durable coating, available in a variety of colors, that is applied as a liquid and cures to a hard finish. I think it's called "paint," though I could be mistaken. :happy:
That was horrible but it made me laugh; thanks.

If this legendary durable coating is the best method for you, I've read about using a low heat to help the liquid penetrate the plastic and create a tougher bond.
Don't take my word for it, Google and seek expert experience.

Also, don't forget to use a hardening seal/coat no matter what you use.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
Zer0Goblin
Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
At Subaru XV Forum you'll find fellow Subaru XV Enthusiasts to help perfect that Subaru Crosstrek Build, or share all kinds of information about this Subaru from its specs to its design.
Full Forum Listing