Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Subaru Crosstek XV Tuning

Dear fellow Crosstek owners:

I been working with Raptor reviewing the XV and noticing its like my 2000 Subaru Impreza SRX GC8 EJ204 engine. That's very interest after so may years. Somethings never changed with Subaru, especially with the Toyota influence.

On another note, I was able to review the car, which was running a tuned based rom from another tuner, but in the very first version of tuned release for this car by me, the improvements were drastically noticeable, since the Raptor XV is modded for testing purposes.

Please visit the link to see what I am referring too - Xtreme Racing Tuning • View topic - Raptor - 2011 Subaru XV 6MT - Tuning

So far I have not attached much to the graphs, since we are testing and having some logging data issues. But you can see his comments on the forum. I prefer to post my work and if many search on the internet on 'west_minist" or even "XRT" or "xtreme Racing Tuning", we post what we do for reference.

We are now up to v2a, starting from v0. Comments are here on v2a - Xtreme Racing Tuning • View topic - Raptor - 2011 Subaru XV 6MT - Tuning

No tuning yet in the high rpm.

The AVCS tune did feel very meaty with torque but it's hard to know the size of gain - felt good
The V2 and V2A really have great low and mid with nice over rev at the top

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
If any of you have a Tactrix cable, I would like to see a log on your stock XV and the rom for me to determine the variances of the XV across the world.

Email me if you need help setting up logging.

Cheers

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update:

We continue to fill in the torque hold and tune the fuel. The AFR for the XV stops reading at 12.17 and we will need to try another WB from a 3.6R or use a wideband and test.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Anyone on this forum use this company for tuning?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update: We are working with @fhartell to optimise the tuning of the 2015+ Crosstek/XV.
So far all is going and I am hoping we can move on to ignition tuning to complete before Xmas in my vacation.

http://www.subaruxvforum.com/forum/engine-drivetrain/149105-throttle-happy.html#post1758129
Just a little update on the tuning I'm receiving from XRT.
As of now I installed the updated ROM he sent me (haven't driven it yet) but I can say that the prior one was AWESOME! Small issues from when I open it up from a stand still but when I need passing power it's there!
Tranny behavior is near perfect! And besides all of this he's their with better than excellent customer support!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I would, but I only have a MacBook.
Just thought I'd let you know, you can get a Winbook TW700 (tablet) that has a full version of Windows 8.1 on it for like $70.00 to your door. I've been running Ecuflash/Romraider on it and it's awesome, for the size/convenience of not having a big *** laptop to drag around everywhere. It has a full USB port so you can use a mouse (easier for the small screen) and plug your Tactrix into it.
Seriously, for $70.00 it's unbeatable!!!

Randall

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you do get one, see if you can get one with 4Gb of Ram and speed over 1.33GHz.
As stated, I have a TW700 and there's not been a problem with it. I bought it strictly for tuning, so there isn't a bunch of junk on it, just Ecuflash, Romraider & open office (for viewing logs). I also only connected to the internet to download that software, I leave it in airplane mode (no internet connection) as you really don't need it. Seriously, it's a nice alternative to a tuning laptop.

Randall

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I seen it. Sorry I am in ICT and know the issues with limited memory and high speed logging. That's all.

On another note, I just completed the follow definitions:
  • 2017 USDM Crosstek FB20 5MT (EA1Y101D)
  • 2016 USDM Crosstek FB20 CVT (EA1U210B)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hey Edward,

NICE !...about getting definitions complete, that was REALLY fast!!! Good work, man.

I've not ran into a problem with the tablet as of yet. I do have another laptop with Ecuflash/RR to use as a backup should something arise.

Thanks for the update.

Randall

·
Registered
Vancouver, BC, Canada CGK 2018 Ltd EyeSight
1,981 Posts
Just thought I'd let you know, you can get a Winbook TW700 (tablet) that has a full version of Windows 8.1 on it for like $70.00 to your door. I've been running Ecuflash/Romraider on it and it's awesome, for the size/convenience of not having a big *** laptop to drag around everywhere. It has a full USB port so you can use a mouse (easier for the small screen) and plug your Tactrix into it.
Seriously, for $70.00 it's unbeatable!!!

Randall
Or 12 bucks...
WinBook TW700 Tablet - Black 466326 - Micro Center

·
Registered
72 Posts
LOL, if you can get one for $12.00 jump all over it. I checked micro center first and it says "out of stock". They are older machines and probably not being made anymore. I believe I ordered ebay, there's a guy in NY has like 10 of them. $12.00...,...,...$70.00, still worth it. You can't buy a version of Windows for $70.00.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I saw the TW701. the 8" is to small, but great for like the Cobb AP. I have to check with BTSSM on monitoring, since it is way better for displaying info on any Android devices.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Ed, all I can say is WOW! This latest tune v0c3 is by far the best you've done! Great power off the line & great power for passing. The rpm's while cruising 70 or 75mph are great for mpg!
I'm not looking for WRX power btw. I want the best of both for the motor I have and it's almost there! GREAT JOB!

·
Registered
943 Posts
For those that are on the fence concerning tuning your Crosstrek I highly recommend XRT Tuning! Yes it is more than the others out there but the support can't be beat!
The tune installed now w/ the mods installed blow the other's available tunes off the map! No pun intended.

·
Super Moderator
8,379 Posts
For those that are on the fence concerning tuning your Crosstrek I highly recommend XRT Tuning! Yes it is more than the others out there but the support can't be beat!
The tune installed now w/ the mods installed blow the other's available tunes off the map! No pun intended.
But since it's your first tune on the car, it's really not a fair comparison.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts