Registered
2019 Canadian Sport trim (6MT // 2.0 )
371 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Crosstrek Premium/2020 Subaru Forester Sport
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
One would have to check whether the car is pre-wired for it, and whether the harness provides the signal. There are instructions online for the removal of the AGS on a Legacy, I would presume the design for the Impreza is similar. The diagram also points out to a temperature sensor.
Subaru Legacy Service Manual - Removal - Active grille shutter (sulegacy.com)
Thank you for the link. Now I know there is a wire on each side. I thought it was a 4 wires connector/harness on one side only. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Even if the wiring is there it will have to be activated in the ECU. It likely is not turned on for cars that do not have it or you would get an error code for the missing shudders.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Even if the wiring is there it will have to be activated in the ECU. It likely is not turned on for cars that do not have it or you would get an error code for the missing shudders.
Thank you for your advice. Like your said, just because it is there, it does not mean it is ready to use. Otherwise, it would be like the fog light, it would be an option for dealer install.
However, I have been lucky with several non-option add-ons. with our old old Honda and prior Subarus. So, if the harness/plug is there, I am going to give it a try. I really hate the cvt not shifting to higher ratio in winter issue. If it does not work, I will get a acrylic board and block off the lower intake during the winter.

·
Registered
24 Posts
First that I heard about this so I went and had a look at our's and guess what...woo hoo....it has it - so on the UK model (which come direct from Japan). Having said all that I struggle to see the benefit on such a car

·
Registered
Subaru XV 2021 2.0i-S (Aust)
225 Posts
First that I heard about this so I went and had a look at our's and guess what...woo hoo....it has it - so on the UK model (which come direct from Japan). Having said all that I struggle to see the benefit on such a car
Sorry, not meaning to question you but you have an actual shutter across the front vents blocking it at times, not just the sensor as in the pic? The OPs pics are a little hard to follow because they are both upside down.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sorry, not meaning to question you but you have an actual shutter across the front vents blocking it at times, not just the sensor as in the pic? The OPs pics are a little hard to follow because they are both upside down.
Think so, when the car is started it opens and closes, has two pieces on each side of centre

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Very sorry about picture being upside down.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts