Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having an odd issue with the front USB ports on a 2021 Crosstreck Limited that's only 3 weeks old. When using either of the front USB ports to charge and connect to the heas unit for Android Auto, sometimes the ports cycle both charging amd connection on and off for no apparent reason, and this cycling won't stop even after I turn the car off and back on again, it only resolves after the car has been sitting for a bit. Anyone else ever run in to this.

·
Registered
21 Sport
1,524 Posts
I am having an odd issue with the front USB ports on a 2021 Crosstreck Limited that's only 3 weeks old. When using either of the front USB ports to charge and connect to the heas unit for Android Auto, sometimes the ports cycle both charging amd connection on and off for no apparent reason, and this cycling won't stop even after I turn the car off and back on again, it only resolves after the car has been sitting for a bit. Anyone else ever run in to this.
i would eliminate the cable as a cause and then the phone

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have found that these are very finicky for some reason (2018 outback here). I haven't noticed whether the charging goes on and off, but the android auto can be flaky, very flaky. I eliminated 99% of the trouble by using high quality USB cables from JS Aux that I got on Amazon. I never believed people when they told me cables were my problem, but now I've got religion.

·
Registered
2017 Crosstrek Limited
1,637 Posts
Tech has always been Subaru's Achilles' heel.

·
Registered
21 Sport
1,524 Posts
2021 Crosstrek Sport, same issue. Even with a high quality cable, the slightest jiggle knocks out its’ connection with the entertainment system/charger. I love the car, but that’s a weak point.
i used a lightning cable by anker for the first four months and had intermittant issues. and then i got this...

Amazon.com: ONE PIX iPhone Charger Cable for Car (3 ft), MFi Certified Coiled Lightning Cable Compatible with iPhone 13Pro Max/13Pro/13/12Pro Max/12Pro/12/11/XS/XS Max/XR/X/8/8 Plus/iPad/iPod (Black-1PC) : Electronics

no issues and man i love this cable!

·
Registered
21 Sport
1,524 Posts
I have found that these are very finicky for some reason (2018 outback here). I haven't noticed whether the charging goes on and off, but the android auto can be flaky, very flaky. I eliminated 99% of the trouble by using high quality USB cables from JS Aux that I got on Amazon. I never believed people when they told me cables were my problem, but now I've got religion.
yep.

·
Prefers black cats
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
13,753 Posts
No problems with ours with Aukey braided cables...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts