Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
This article is way too opinionated to take seriously. He spends more time telling people what he wants them to have rather than simply pointing out the pro's and con's of making certain choices. At least he does offer some alternatives, but again... they are not really "alternative" options, they are what HE says is right.
If someone wants to modify their vehicle to go places it wasn't necessarily meant to go, then so be it. People who do so better be willing to pay the price for fixing/replacing things sooner than usual. That stands to reason for ANY vehicle regardless if it is a Crosstrek or not. I plan to do the very same things he suggests NOT to do. However, I am willing to pay the consequences if need be.
But there IS only one correct way to do something. Especially in the automotive world. If you want a desert racer crosstrek, you had BETTER be building long travel arms. There is no half-assery here. It’s go big, or go home. So, yes, there is only one, “opinionated” way of accomplishing a goal. I guess, if your idea of “having fun” is half assing a practically brand new car, then Go ahead.

·
Registered
11 Posts
But there IS only one correct way to do something....
NO! If this were true, there would not be so many companies competing in the after market world to create better ways to do things.

If you want a desert racer crosstrek, you had BETTER be building long travel arms.
Ultimate Off-Road Subaru Crosstrek Built by Crawford Performance
Has almost every modification frowned upon in the article.

So, yes, there is only one, “opinionated” way of accomplishing a goal.
I suppose your right... Ford has their opinion, Chevy has their opinion, Toyota has their opinion, Mazda has theirs, etc., etc.... All have their “opinionated” way of accomplishing a goal.

BTW, the Crosstrek was never designed as a drifter but I seem to remember someone, somewhere taking their brand new 2021 Sport out doing exactly what it was not designed for. I guess, if their idea of “having fun” is half assing a practically brand new car, then Go ahead.

·
Registered
244 Posts
NO! If this were true, there would not be so many companies competing in the after market world to create better ways to do things.

Ultimate Off-Road Subaru Crosstrek Built by Crawford Performance
Has almost every modification frowned upon in the article.

I suppose your right... Ford has their opinion, Chevy has their opinion, Toyota has their opinion, Mazda has theirs, etc., etc.... All have their “opinionated” way of accomplishing a goal.

BTW, the Crosstrek was never designed as a drifter but I seem to remember someone, somewhere taking their brand new 2021 Sport out doing exactly what it was not designed for. I guess, if their idea of “having fun” is half assing a practically brand new car, then Go ahead.
Lmfao buddy. Alright. The gloves come off. Ready? Here we go.
1) there IS only one true to way to do something when you want the best way to get it done. NASA, Formula1, NASCAR, even new car designs. Ever wonder why all new cars look alike? Aerodynamics. Everything comes to a singularity.
2) that Crawford performance car is a TUBE FRAME CHASSIS. It’s not even a crosstrek. Do some research before embarrassing yourself.
3) “drifting” is not what I was doing. And believe me- I would know. I do more motorsports related things in one day than you do an entire year. And I can guarantee that.
So, Once again, do some research before pulling your pants down in public sir.

·
Administrator
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Pure Red
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Looks like I need to post another reminder that it's against our forum's roles to get personal. It's kind of pointless to get so riled up over semantics, anyway. :cautious:

·
Administrator
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
And what was that sound? Did I hear Homer turning over in his grave? :sneaky:

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
10,807 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
1) there IS only one true to way to do something when you want the best way to get it done. NASA, Formula1, NASCAR, even new car designs. Ever wonder why all new cars look alike? Aerodynamics. Everything comes to a singularity.
Here, more specifically, we are concerned with the drag aspect of the aerodynamic 4, as in Cd, and somewhat lift though towards negating lift and creating down force - I've witnessed some race cars, and race boats for that matter, go all liftly. Ford was highly criticized back in the early days of the Taurus for its shape, tagged the jelly bean. But it worked, though odd looking for the times.

You see the kids putting these gigantor wings on the back of their cars and they don't do a dang thing except make their cars look ridiculous.

·
Administrator
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Well, to be brutally honest ... whether car owners believe it or not, the primary real-world effect of a lot of vehicle mods is just to make the car look ridiculous. But if people are having fun, and not endangering other drivers, more power to 'em.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Lmfao buddy. Alright. The gloves come off. Ready? Here we go.
2) that Crawford performance car is a TUBE FRAME CHASSIS. It’s not even a crosstrek. Do some research before embarrassing yourself.
3) “drifting” is not what I was doing. And believe me- I would know. I do more motorsports related things in one day than you do an entire year. And I can guarantee that.
So, Once again, do some research before pulling your pants down in public sir.
So many things I'd like to reply to this but it wouldn't matter anyway. So I will state one final response and let you have the last word so you can GLOAT in your AWESOMENESS (then put your gloves back on tiger)!

Response to #1... You missed the best one... MotoGP!
Response to #2... The link isn't to the Crawford desert racer, it's to the 2019 Crosstrek that was "inspired" by the desert racer. Before calling someone out "twice" in the same post to do their research, maybe you should learn to read. If you HAD, you would see the entire list of parts added to a 2019 "stock" Crosstrek to make it what it is today. Nowhere does that list include a TUBE FRAME CHASSIS!
Response to #3... Good for you... I'm happy for you!
My response to your comment about embarrassing myself as well as your final comment... Out of respect to the moderators I'll keep those responses to myself.

My initial post to this thread stands. The article is very opinionated, however; I doubt your ego will even allow you to understand what I'm referring to regarding his "opinions"!

The last word is yours...

41 - 53 of 53 Posts