Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2019 Plug-in Crosstrek doesn't have its first scheduled oil change until 5000 miles.

I bought mine in November 2019, but due to the pandemic I only have ~4500 miles on it.

Am I good, or should I bring it into the dealer for its first oil change?

Follow-up question:
The closest Subaru dealer is 30 mins away, but I have a Toyota dealer in my town (that we use for my wife's Prius C). Would anyone recommend doing the first scheduled oil change at Toyota, or stick with Subaru?

Thanks!

I tried seeing if this was posted already, and found this thread, but it was about the 2014 hybrid:
and I didn't find anything about the 2019 hybrid here either: 2019 Subaru Crosstrek research webpage- 2.0i, Premium, Limited,

·
Super Moderator
2020 Crosstrek Premium
1,204 Posts
I wouldn't ever recommend going to a dealership for service. It's just a screw on filter and oil. Make sure whoever does it uses the right filter and the correct synthetic oil weight and you should be good. Keep records and you don't have to worry about warranty.

The manual lists a mileage or time period for oil changes and service, whichever comes first. (as sas-XV noted)

·
Registered
2019 Crosstrek Plug-in Hybrid
544 Posts
6 months or 6,000mi. The oil will always break down and become more acidic and can ruin internals. I did mine back in November and only drove 1,400mi. It keeps with the service intervals of 6 months. Better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I changed my oil at the time interval after driving 2k miles due to stay-at-home. I'll stick with the manual's intervals until I'm out of warranty. Don't want to risk any warranty denials.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts