Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Prefers black cats
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
13,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got this. Kind of creepy but useful...
Font Rectangle Circle Paper product Paper

• Haha
Reactions: HeyChris

·
Prefers black cats
13,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, you have to call your MIL and explain, then make arraignments to go there and put fluid in her car?
It doesn't usually require an arraignment but it may if she refuses... 😸

·
Super Moderator
2020 Crosstrek Premium
1,502 Posts
Just got this. Kind of creepy but useful...
View attachment 307992
On my trip to Spokane earlier this year I had that happen. It sent me a push notification, a text, and an email about it all at the same time. The first thing I did was change the notification settings, then filled up the washer fluid...

·
Registered
930 Posts
I got a notice recently that my tires were low on air. Was the first cold morning, light was on so I already knew. They probably keep track of everything now in case you have a warranty claim for something you were warned about yet ignored.

·
Registered
2019 Crosstrek Plug-in Hybrid
736 Posts
I had mine tell me one day that starlink would no longer work if I kept my OBDII sensor plugged in. I was using it and a phone app to give me data on fuel efficiency since when I drive around in EV mode, the gauge always reads 99.9+ MPG. Apparently subaru didn't like that.

·
Prefers black cats
13,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We're on a road trip up Pacific Coast Highway and got as far a Cambria yesterday. We wanted to go to a restaurant in Cambria called The Black Cat Bistro. I was using AA and said, "Navigate to The Black Cat Bistro, Cambria" and the reply was, "Sorry, there is no address associated with Kody The Kat."

I tried it three times, same result. Now, I do have an entry in my contacts for Kody The Kat that I use for testing websites, etc. but nowhere does it mention he's a black cat. Creepy!

• Haha
Reactions: CappyC and dpc166

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Limited
858 Posts
We're on a road trip up Pacific Coast Highway and got as far a Cambria yesterday. We wanted to go to a restaurant in Cambria called The Black Cat Bistro. I was using AA and said, "Navigate to The Black Cat Bistro, Cambria" and the reply was, "Sorry, there is no address associated with Kody The Kat."

I tried it three times, same result. Now, I do have an entry in my contacts for Kody The Kat that I use for testing websites, etc. but nowhere does it mention he's a black cat. Creepy!
SKYNET's just messing with you.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I had mine tell me one day that starlink would no longer work if I kept my OBDII sensor plugged in. I was using it and a phone app to give me data on fuel efficiency since when I drive around in EV mode, the gauge always reads 99.9+ MPG. Apparently subaru didn't like that.
I keep an OBDII scan gauge II plugged In at all times. It displays water temp, voltage, HP being used. Ect. As well other info. I hate idiot lights, they come on after the fact. With the numbers displaying, I can watch what I need to and head off problems that may come up.
I get emails all the time from Starlink saying that it isn’t working. It actually goes on and off. I don’t know how often, but I still would rather see the info I display…….

Reactions: dpc166

·
Registered
363 Posts
I keep an OBDII scan gauge II plugged In at all times.
I get emails all the time from Starlink saying that it isn’t working. It actually goes on and off. I don’t know how often, but I still would rather see the info I display…….
I too have a ScanGauge II installed, though it is an older model I bought 15 years ago, Firmware Version 4.06 on board. Have never had any messages from StarLink nor any display problems. Yours is no doubt much newer with the latest firmware, V4.53 perhaps.

Car Steering part Motor vehicle Automotive design Gear shift

1 - 17 of 17 Posts