Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i wanted to bring up the issue that i am dealing with in case anyone else has it happen. I got an email and a notification on the Starlink app that there was an issue with my starlink. It said the starlink light was on and it could affect the vehicle security and safety features. I went to the dealer to have it checked out. After an hour of diagnosing, they said they had to order a new radio. They said that was the source of the problem. I didnt realize one affected the other.

I will keep you posted once they do the headunit swap.

If anyone had a similar experience, can you please share what happened?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
If anyone had a similar experience, can you please share what happened?

Thanks
Hi, I encountered some issues with my Starlink. The SOS and Emergency roadside Assistance buttons don't work when pressed. When I access it online, it says:
"Your STARLINK Connected Services may not be active in your vehicle. Please Click Here to find out how to check if your services are active."
I called the dealership and was advised to call Starlink services first. I called Starlink, and they said to bring the car to the dealership. The dealership ran diagnostics
and replaced the DCM (Data Control Module) which did fix the buttons, but I cannot access the connected services online (i.e. vehicle health report, maintenance messages, etc.)
I've been back and forth with Subaru Starlink for more than a month now and to no avail. I'm just frustrated I might just stop renewing the Starlink Safety Plus Package. Saves me $99 a year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Starlink module in my 2019 Crosstrek failed less than two weeks after I bought the car new in January. The dealership declared that the failure was caused by the Automatic device plugged into the OBD-II port, which I had had the person who sold me the new car transfer from my Outback to the Crosstrek. (I'm so glad he did it and that I did not.) I had participated for a year in a Washington state pilot program designed to figure out how we in WA should/could be taxed for road usage. I was very happy with the information Automatic provided me about my driving and about my car, so I was very annoyed when it didn't work in the Crosstrek. One clue I had that the failure had nothing to do with the Automatic adapter was that the salesman told me that his boss bought a 2019 Crosstrek for his wife, and her brand new car had the very same problem as mine, fixed by replacing the module. I have at last learned from Automatic that no one else has ever reported this problem due to their adapter. Now I want to get back to the service that Automatic provides, but I am loathe to plug the device in again if it is going to fry the Starlink module again. Anyone have constructive advice about this???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts