Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took advantage of the sale and an Ebay coupon and got a set of the SS3 Pro yellow foglights put into my 13' Trek.

They are AWESOME. I'm just wondering if they are TOO good? I did aim them down, I've got probably the better part of an inch gap at the lower part to the bumper. They don't seem like they're hitting higher than my headlights(which are the Diode Dynamics LED bulbs that I've liked better than stock halogens). But WOW, everything out to that distance is BRIGHT.
And then there's the sides.... Like seemingly almost 180 degrees across the front of the car for quite a distance to the sides. I turn them on and Woah, there's a house a few hundred feet to the side that I had no idea was there with just the headlights. But again, I'm concerned I'm seriously annoying every house I pass as it gets flooded with bright yellow light...

I've only had one early morning trip with them so far, but I was concerned enough to turn them off in some towns and when i saw a Sheriff as I really didn't want him to tell me they were too bright...

Just curious if anyone else has installed them and had no complaints... FWIW I did have them on and pass maybe a dozen vehicles and didn't get a flash, but sometimes there's quite a few forgiving people around here...

Thanks!
Levi

·
Registered
124 Posts
You should aim them on level ground against a garage or wall. The pics I've seen pretty much show the SS3 pro with some glare above the "cutoff" which is what probably getting in peoples eyes down the road if they're not aimed properly.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have the SS3 sport with driving pattern on my 2018. I don’t know how much of a difference in beam pattern and brightness there is between the different models, to be clear. What’s going to blind other drivers is whether or not the lights are angled up to high, not necessarily the brightness. Even a relatively dim bulb could be blinding if it’s angled right at their eye level. When I installed the SS3s I angled them pretty much all the way down. When I did this, I made sure the upper line of the SS3s was the same height on my garage wall. This is what smart_alex is getting at.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts