Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Limited 2.5L Black
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks man, you too. I love your wheels. They look great on the vehicle.

If you don't mind my asking, how much did they set you back? Did you order them new with the vehicle, or did you buy them after?
Going to try to make this as clear as possible. I negotiated the price of my car to include the dealer change my wheels for free. I buy the wheels, they put them on no labor charge. I priced everything out at subarupartspros.com. I received a quote and they offered me an additional 5% discount and free shipping. I gave the quote to my dealer and they matched subarupartspros.com. So the dealer used their parts department to order the wheels and the grille.

So wheels only came out to $1207 (not including taxes). Dealer probably won't give you any deals on swapping the wheels since you already bought the car.
Also, in case you were wondering, the stock Falkens that are on the limited fit the STI wheels. You won't have to buy new tires unless you wanted something better or something slightly wider like 235/55/18 (stock tires are 225/55/18).

My original plan was to lift the crosstrek but I decided not to since I live in the city. So I wanted something that looks more street appropriate but off-road capable.

I'm planning on adding a media gallery once all of my mods are done.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Going to try to make this as clear as possible. I negotiated the price of my car to include the dealer change my wheels for free. I buy the wheels, they put them on no labor charge. I priced everything out at subarupartspros.com. I received a quote and they offered me an additional 5% discount and free shipping. I gave the quote to my dealer and they matched subarupartspros.com. So the dealer used their parts department to order the wheels and the grille.

So wheels only came out to $1207 (not including taxes). Dealer probably won't give you any deals on swapping the wheels since you already bought the car.
Also, in case you were wondering, the stock Falkens that are on the limited fit the STI wheels. You won't have to buy new tires unless you wanted something better or something slightly wider like 235/55/18 (stock tires are 225/55/18).

My original plan was to lift the crosstrek but I decided not to since I live in the city. So I wanted something that looks more street appropriate but off-road capable.

I'm planning on adding a media gallery once all of my mods are done.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it!

Good luck with the rest of your mods!

·
Registered
2021 Limited 2.5L Black
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it!

Good luck with the rest of your mods!
Cheers mate. Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy to help.
Real nice. Can I get over how much better that grill makes that vehicle look.
it’s a huge difference from the stock grille that’s on a limited. The giant silver winglets aren’t the best. However the XV sport trim stock grille looks good as is since the winglets are blacked out.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yes, never liked the look of any chrome on the grille.

They should make the accessory grille standard. (y)

Cheers mate. Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy to help.

it’s a huge difference from the stock grille that’s on a limited. The giant silver winglets aren’t the best. However the XV sport trim stock grille looks good as is since the winglets are blacked out.

·
Registered
Crosstrek Outdoor, Subaru Legacy 2.0 GT spec.B
113 Posts
I like the grill. Don't worry if these folks say they don't. Most of them are driving their first Subaru and now they are all experts.
😂 😂 😂 How long have you had Subarus???

·
Registered
The avalanche has already started.
54 Posts
Boys, boys.... You're both handsome rascals. No need measure and compare your Subaru ePeens.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Boys, boys.... You're both handsome rascals. No need measure and compare your Subaru ePeens.
Boys? You must have seen me standing in a cold shower.

No really though, he asked, I answered. I don't see a problem or an argument or any reason for you to say that. :)

·
Registered
Crosstrek Outdoor, Subaru Legacy 2.0 GT spec.B
113 Posts
I got my first one in 1991.

some of my old soobs

You?
Awesome thread on your previous Scoobs :cool:

My first was in Scotland - looking for a 4WD or AWD to do winter commuting. ~1995

1990 Legacy 2.2 GX Saloon - Had that about 8 years.

Then we got a '94 2.0 'Quad-Cam' (Gen2?) Turbo Legacy Dark Blue - Had that 6 weeks :eek: Fantastic car - gripped the road like glue... until... 'something' went wrong after a fast Z-bend and I turned it over 😱😱😱 'twas a gonner 🤪 - No time for it even to appear in family photos 😂

After that with the insurance money and saving a 1997 2.0 Impreza turbo...

Joined a great local enthusiasts club - did rolling road days, runs out, went to rallies and camping - great fun - was a bit small when the 3rd child arrived though - had that one about 12 years - was sad to see go off on the transporter to be vulture picked over...

Nov 2011 - Picked up a JDM 2.0 GT spec.B Legacy - still got it in a garage back in the UK...
😅

It's one of those that you need to tell the insurance which bits are still standard - rather than which mods are on the car 😅

And now for a 6 months winter commute in Nova Scotia for my wife we have the Crosstrek 'Outdoor' in Magnetite grey...

She's not one for modding cars - won't even let me fit a set of mudflaps at the moment.... We shall see.... :unsure:

So granted you definitely 'win' in the experience stakes - but I don't consider myself a Scoobie-newbie by any means... and I don't like the 'Jeep Grille' I am more than happy for other people to fit them though! 😜

·
Registered
1,095 Posts

Nov 2011 - Picked up a JDM 2.0 GT spec.B Legacy - still got it in a garage back in the UK...
😅
View attachment 302869
It's one of those that you need to tell the insurance which bits are still standard - rather than which mods are on the car 😅
WOW!! This is one we never got here in the States.

Cheers from one Soob enthusiast to another!

·
Registered
2021 Limited 2.5L Black
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #40

My first was in Scotland - looking for a 4WD or AWD to do winter commuting. ~1995
View attachment 302864
1990 Legacy 2.2 GX Saloon - Had that about 8 years.

Then we got a '94 2.0 'Quad-Cam' (Gen2?) Turbo Legacy Dark Blue - Had that 6 weeks :eek: Fantastic car - gripped the road like glue... until... 'something' went wrong after a fast Z-bend and I turned it over 😱😱😱 'twas a gonner 🤪 - No time for it even to appear in family photos 😂

After that with the insurance money and saving a 1997 2.0 Impreza turbo...
View attachment 302868

Joined a great local enthusiasts club - did rolling road days, runs out, went to rallies and camping - great fun - was a bit small when the 3rd child arrived though - had that one about 12 years - was sad to see go off on the transporter to be vulture picked over...

😅
View attachment 302869

And now for a 6 months winter commute in Nova Scotia for my wife we have the Crosstrek 'Outdoor' in Magnetite grey...

View attachment 302870

She's not one for modding cars - won't even let me fit a set of mudflaps at the moment.... We shall see.... :unsure:

So granted you definitely 'win' in the experience stakes - but I don't consider myself a Scoobie-newbie by any means... and I don't like the 'Jeep Grille' I am more than happy for other people to fit them though! 😜
How’s the front camera?

21 - 40 of 40 Posts