Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick ask to enquire how many XV drivers go for either a space saver spare wheel or a can of tyre repair gel.

My old Fozzie came with a spare wheel, so feeling a bit uneasy driving the XV without any type of spare wheel.

Cheers
ubdai66

Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
It seems to be a market-specific thing, not sure why. Maybe a combination of safety and fuel economy regulations. Here they have the space-saver type. If you don't go off road, just join the RAC... 馃樃

Registered
After getting a flat tire in a really remote location far from home not long after I bought X-trek, I decided the rinky dink donut spare was not going to cut it. I lug around a full size spare on my roof rack. There's also a tool box up there with a small air compressor, tire repair kit, tow strap and a heavy duty bottle jack inside it. On road trips, a Rotapax 3 gal gas can goes on the roof rack as well.

Registered
2019 Crosstrek Limited CVT
A space saver spare will bail you out of more flat tire situations than a can of repair gel. For example, blowouts or a severely damage a sidewall.

Registered
2014 XV Crosstrek Hybrid Touring
Just a quick ask to enquire how many XV drivers go for either a space saver spare wheel or a can of tyre repair gel.

My old Fozzie came with a spare wheel, so feeling a bit uneasy driving the XV without any type of spare wheel.

Cheers
ubdai66
My 2014 XV Crosstrek Hytbrid Touring came with a bottle of Goo and a air conpressor under the front drivers seat, because the batteries filled the spare tire area.
Living in Colorado and driving into the back country mountains frequently, I immediately purchased a roof rack and a full size spare tire.

Don't want to get left for hours waiting for Subaru Auto Emergency Roadside Service to find a flatbed tow truck and send them after me. Of course I now have never had to use the spare, but without it, I would have been using Goo all the time.

Registered
A space saver spare will bail you out of more flat tire situations than a can of repair gel. For example, blowouts or a severely damage a sidewall.
What he said

Tyre gel is wishful thinking. You do not know what type of failure you will have , including damaging a rim.

Have a spare tyre/tire.

Registered
I carry both the donut spare, repair gel, and of course the air compressor. Safety and redundancy is never a waste of time in my humble opinion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts