Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 738 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had this thread used before from other forums, a chance to "spot" other XV members or just have fun seeing a familiar color you like on the road........

We went to Philly past weekend & coming back on the PA turnpike, spotted a nice Khaki XV going west bound between 298mm & 286 Reading exit.....We waved & said Schweeet ride......for the record.

Also in Gettysburg....another Khaki parked near the square next to Cafe's Saint-Armand.

I see a pattern.....Khaki's are kewl.......L

Reactions: cassparis

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
3,562 Posts
Ah Lara I didn't realise the other thread is in XV Pictures part of the forum...
Yes feel free to chat about XV sightings here:)

Lol I always look out for other XVs every time I'm out and about.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I went to REI in Nashville (Brentwood...) this past weekend. I turn into the parking lot and spot a black XV with an empty spot beside it, so I go to park there. I get closer and see a gentleman standing beside it talking to some others and he watches my car as I park.

The XV turned out to be his so we had a 5 minute conversation about XVs, bike racks, etc. Good times

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah Lara I didn't realise the other thread is in XV Pictures part of the forum...
Yes feel free to chat about XV sightings here:)

Lol I always look out for other XVs every time I'm out and about.
Thanks DebsXV for leaving it up, didn't mean to ditto a thread. Anyway, just having fun & reading others experience like chasem.....That's cool....L

Reactions: DebsXV

·
Registered
708 Posts
One time I went to a larger city in my area and parked off in a corner at a mall's parking lot. Went in to do some shopping and when I came out hours later there was not one, but two, TOP Crosstreks parked within ten spots of mine in opposite directions! We'd have formed a triangle if we were playing connect-the-XV's...er, I mean dots. lol It was really strange.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
2 years ago it was somewhat rare to see another Crosstrek in my area and I used to give the thumbs up sign when crossing paths but now the Crosstrek has become so popular it's not uncommon for me to see half a dozen on my commute to and from work. Sadly I don't give the thumbs up anymore but I still do smile whenever I see one.:)

·
Registered
552 Posts
2 years ago it was somewhat rare to see another Crosstrek in my area and I used to give the thumbs up sign when crossing paths but now the Crosstrek has become so popular it's not uncommon for me to see half a dozen on my commute to and from work. Sadly I don't give the thumbs up anymore but I still do smile whenever I see one.:)
EXACTLY the same for me. Always make me smile to see another, yet I feel, it's just a (cool) car for others. Wherever I go, it's not uncommon to see 2 or 3 others in the same parking lot. My 6 year old daughter gets very excited when she sees another one. My neighbor across the road has one - a silver hybrid that she bought the same week I bought my silver Limited.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
good call, took CHP long enough.....

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Haven't seen a Big Bird yet, but Im seeing more & more Tangerine and Khaki lately.....Blue, not so much.

·
Registered
296 Posts
A nice Khaki on Wier Canyon rd.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Saw two Crosstreks parked next to each other at the gym yesterday. One DGM, one Black. I think it's probably the first time I've ever seen two consecutive non-Orange Crosstreks. Sure enough though, the next morning I took an odd route out of my apartment complex and saw an Orange one parked in the adjacent complex. I knew I couldn't go 3 in a row without seeing an Orange. Those things are everywhere!

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I saw two other QBP XVs within five minutes of each other while I was driving around yesterday. One limited like mine, and one Hybrid.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Demarcmj, You nailed it, those tangy color are taking over.......starting to grow on me .....

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
SIGHTING of you called it, another Tangerine XV on the Baltimore beltway..Exit 29B, Lock Raven Blvd....Roof rack, rear tubed bumpers....Looked fricken awesome man.......I waved, but no cigar .......Well done on the popular XV out there...L.

1 - 20 of 738 Posts