Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

Sick of infotainment bs

Model Years 2018 to 2023 
3K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  TR8R 
#1 ·
Search is wonky and I’ve been scrolling posts for a half hour now so pardon my wanting to jump to the front of the line please😎

I am absolutely DONE with fighting all the CarPlay and BT issues with this infotainment POS. Dealt with it through three different models now and I’m just done. Can this failure be ripped out and replace with an aftermarket unit?

Dealer is worthless and no help. I can’t drive 60 miles everytime it happens so they can keep looking at logs and finding nothing. I’ve followed ALL suggestions including full phone reset. Multiple phones. Multiple APPLE cords. BT adapter….literally EVERYTHING and it’s still possessed RANDOMLY. But when it’s failed it’s failed hard all over itself.

#2 ·
i was having issues with my infotainment system with no volume on the radio during google maps navigation( i have a base model , so all my apps are carplay directed through my iPhone) , and bluetooth would drop calls after 30 seconds or so. i asked a subaru service advisor and he said the BT and car play don't "play well" on crosstreks and he said the just disable BT and do everything through USB. so far so good.

#6 ·
2021 Premium here, standard infotainment without nav.

first week I had issues with the usb connection maintaining CarPlay. Updated phone when ios 15.4 came available, never an issue since. Since it did not have wireless CarPlay, I bought a CarLinKit 3.0 on sale for $58 and have been using Bluetooth wireless CarPlay ever since with no issues.

this is by far the best infotainment system I’ve had in a vehicle, and I have had two Toyotas. A Nissan, two Hondas, two Fords, and more.

you mentioned the frequency of issues popping up, what exactly those issues are, etc. I would be willing to entertain that it’s oreganos a location based setting being changed by our not so smart phones. For a couple days my phone thought I wanted Bluetooth off whenever I arrived at work, but I actually needed it on for wireless CarPlay. It learned after a few manual switches of the Bluetooth toggle for a couple days.

#9 ·
Perhaps your contacts are dirty on the female side of the USB, i can’t remember if theres a plug in the little cubby under the radio or not but i plug into the ones in the center console. I have some problems mostly with my cords going bad and often have to replace them probably once a year. For whatever reason the carplay is touchy when it comes to damaged data lines.

#13 ·
2020 premium here. I agree. The head unit is a complete POS. After I installed the Harmon Kardon system, it tends to drop the audio quality randomly requiring me to hold and reset the entire head unit. Even the charging port is wonky. Fails to keep charging my S22 ultra, but again with a hard reset, everything will then work fine. Dealers are useless too...

#16 ·
the iphone is very fussy and there always is some problem...buy one on ebay:
Apple iPod touch 5th, 6th, 7th 16GB, 64GB, 32GB, 128GB, 256GB- (All colors)
Opens in a new window or tab

Brand New
$85.50 to $227.05
Was: Previous Price$90.00  5% off
Buy It Now
+$7.00 shipping
from China
Unless IPod Touch has turned into a device w GPS, messaging, phone calls etc., that’s a complete useless suggestion but I appreciate your effort.
Actually since upgrading to iOS 16 on a new i14PM, I’ve had zero issues. I also had about 3 versions to upgrade when it was at the dealer last month so I’m sure that helped to:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.