Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Crosstrek Limited
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Will be five years I have had my Subaru next month. Just did a search on Kelly Blue Book. Private Party Sale worth $29,885. That is more than I paid for it!

·
Butchin' Moderator
2018 Orange Subaru Crosstrek Limited
1,386 Posts
I dropped my iPhone in the toilet. Went to ATT and they don't have any iPhones in stock. No chips. Ordered one from Apple. My son-in-law after having had both cats stolen from his Prius has found that it is 5 week wait for replacement cats (I presume not a result of chips) so he gives up and goes to buy a new car at the Tesla dealership, no Teslas (I presume a result of no chips.) My wife's 2016 Hyundai Hybrid is starting to make a bearing noise and I called Hyundai for a recall appointment, no appointments until after thanksgiving. One has to wonder about the future of Doritos..."no chips..." I dunno what will be in the bag.
I'm opening an ice cream store and it won't have cones or ice cream can't wait for the crowds.

·
Prefers black cats
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
14,530 Posts
What's blowing my mind is that there are people willing to pay silly money for used cars that's driving up the prices.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Premium Black • CVT
109 Posts
The underlying principle of smart money is simple; sell when demand is high and buy when it's low. Eventually, when the auto supply meets demand, the market will have dramatic depreciation corrections.

·
Prefers black cats
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
14,530 Posts
The underlying principle of smart money is simple; sell when demand is high and buy when it's low. Eventually, when the auto supply meets demand, the market will have dramatic depreciation corrections.
Yep, it's going to be ugly, with a lot of people upside down on loans they couldn't afford to begin with...

·
Registered
370 Posts
It's not just cars/Subies. It's everything. My nothing special 66-year old box of a house that I bought a few years back for 65 grand is now listing for almost 5 times as much: $324,000. Today, I don't think I could afford to buy my own house even though I am making 5 times as much as what I did when I bought the house.

And my 2018 Crosstrek Premium, CVT with most of the bells and whistles, low miles at around 22,000, is listing out there at $3000 to $5,000 more than what I paid for it new. Around 6,000 of the miles on the clock are because I did two long trips in the Crosstrek. The low miles is mostly attributable to not commuting to work since March 2020, and I have two other vehicles for heavy lifting and vacationing.

·
Administrator
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Pure Red
5,001 Posts
I've been feeling neglected the last couple of months because nobody's tried to give me a big pile of cash for my '21 Crosstrek, but my dealer finally came through with an email offering me a 2022 Forester Sport in exchange for my Crosstrek and $1,792.00. Yeah, no thanks.

So I checked Carvana out of curiosity, and even with 22K on my Crosstrek they were offering me over $29,000 for my car, which is more than I paid for it 18 months ago. So the craziness definitely isn't easing up yet.

·
Registered
21 Sport
1,697 Posts
I dropped my iPhone in the toilet. Went to ATT and they don't have any iPhones in stock. No chips. Ordered one from Apple. My son-in-law after having had both cats stolen from his Prius has found that it is 5 week wait for replacement cats (I presume not a result of chips) so he gives up and goes to buy a new car at the Tesla dealership, no Teslas (I presume a result of no chips.) My wife's 2016 Hyundai Hybrid is starting to make a bearing noise and I called Hyundai for a recall appointment, no appointments until after thanksgiving. One has to wonder about the future of Doritos..."no chips..." I dunno what will be in the bag.
I'm opening an ice cream store and it won't have cones or ice cream can't wait for the crowds.
your iphone isn't waterproof? well it was time to upgrade :cool:

·
Registered
21 Sport
1,697 Posts
It's not just cars/Subies. It's everything. My nothing special 66-year old box of a house that I bought a few years back for 65 grand is now listing for almost 5 times as much: $324,000. Today, I don't think I could afford to buy my own house even though I am making 5 times as much as what I did when I bought the house.

And my 2018 Crosstrek Premium, CVT with most of the bells and whistles, low miles at around 22,000, is listing out there at $3000 to $5,000 more than what I paid for it new. Around 6,000 of the miles on the clock are because I did two long trips in the Crosstrek. The low miles is mostly attributable to not commuting to work since March 2020, and I have two other vehicles for heavy lifting and vacationing.
CPI December 2021: Inflation rises 7% over the past year, highest since 1982 (cnbc.com)

·
Registered
21 Sport
1,697 Posts

·
Butchin' Moderator
1,386 Posts
the 7 was the first "waterproof" iphone. i don't know if you're kidding but apple never used roman numerals for its phones :unsure:

iPhone 7 & Plus waterproof test - YouTube
Just joking. It was an Iphone 6 and not waterproof. I did an internet thing and buried the phone in rice as someone suggested to see if that might dry it out more. The phone worked after that but poorly and I'll never know if I kept fiddling with it I might have been able to return it to service. I'm low on the food chain in the family. Working children get the best Iphones, lesser models to high school grand kids, then my wife, then I get what has, in the case of my Iphone 6 has been used by three family members. Oddly enough I ended up with a fancy Iphone 12 as it was my birthday and my kids thought it would further confuse their dad with features. Clearly the phone is smarter than I am.

What should I do with a slightly damaged Iphone 6?

·
Registered
2016 Crosstrek
1,513 Posts
Just joking. It was an Iphone 6 and not waterproof. I did an internet thing and buried the phone in rice as someone suggested to see if that might dry it out more. The phone worked after that but poorly and I'll never know if I kept fiddling with it I might have been able to return it to service. I'm low on the food chain in the family. Working children get the best Iphones, lesser models to high school grand kids, then my wife, then I get what has, in the case of my Iphone 6 has been used by three family members. Oddly enough I ended up with a fancy Iphone 12 as it was my birthday and my kids thought it would further confuse their dad with features. Clearly the phone is smarter than I am.

What should I do with a slightly damaged Iphone 6?
There are markers in the case that indicate it was water damaged, so trade or sell to a store is pretty much out. Keep it and use it for things like a bluetooth OBDII reader, or to play music or...

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Crystal Black Silica, Black Interior, 2016 VW Touareg Luxury
45 Posts
We bought our 2021 Crosstrek Limited on 12/31. They had 6 Crosstrek's listed but 5 of them said "In Transit". Salesman told me that all those were already sold. He did have the one we bought on the lot. Original purchaser had decided to forfeit his $500.00 deposit. Called them on 12/30 and got them to hold it until the next day, which they didn't want to do. Drove to the dealership early the next morning and ended up closing the deal. They listed the car at MSRP so they weren't jacking up the price. What they gave me for my trade was actually more than I thought they would so we drove it home.

EDIT: Just checked the dealers website and they show
Ascent - 10
Outback - 4
Imprezza - 2
Forester, Crosstrek, Legacy, WRX, BRZ - 0

All 16 are listed as "In Transit" which means they have 0 new Subaru's on the lot. They have 25 used Subaru's. Of those, a grand total of 2 are Crosstrek's.

·
Butchin' Moderator
1,386 Posts

And my 2018 Crosstrek Premium, CVT with all of the bells and whistles, low miles at around 22,000, is listing out there at $3000 to $5,000 more than what I paid for it new. Around 6,000 of the miles on the clock are because I did two long trips in the Crosstrek. The low miles is mostly attributable to not commuting to work since March 2020, and I have two other vehicles for heavy lifting and vacationing.
Must be big zip code differences. I have a 2018 Crosstrek Premium with all the bells and whistles, 42 K, excellent condition with excellent tires, no accidents, well maintained and Carvana offers $20,800. Kelley Blue Book lists resemble your figures: Trade in at 28 K and private sales at approx 30 K. Carvana seems to be a low ball offer to me if it is in fact 10 K below the private sales price. I see similar cars/years/make/mileage/condition on sale at some dealers for about 26.5 K in the area on Craigs list. Dealers post clones of my car but only show monthly payments (not useful) so I can only guess what the actual costs are. It is a strange world.

Not intending to sell it, just curious. Off roading this weekend at Hungry Valley on the way to visit grand kids in LA. It's been a good car. I'm still up in the air with the quality experience comparing the Subaru to the traditional Toyotas of my family with the main concern being what I consider inadequate and poorly run dealership/service departments. The car's been pretty reliable though.

41 - 60 of 84 Posts