Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a short throw shifter for the 6-speed on the diesel? It would be a welcome improvement. Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The problem is that the short shifter for the 5 speed won't work for the 6 speed. I haven't found the right site that states specifically for the 6 speed diesel. Will keep looking, just hoping someone had already done this and could recommend a brand or link with the experience to describe installation(good or bad, did it make a discernible difference etc.)

·
Registered
150 Posts
You may want to have your local Subaru dealer cross reference the part number from the Diesel XV shifter arm to Petrol/Gas XV, 08-present Impreza, and the 08-present STI.

I took a chance and installed the TWM Performance short shifter on our XV using the same year/make/model listed cross referencing at our local dealer.

TWM only updated their website because I sent the the DIY link showing that it was possible and that it works.

Hopefully you have an understanding dealer that is willing to take the time and reference part numbers for you.

Dan

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts