Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
@ Heuberger Motors

Two days ago I sent you the below quoted e-mail.
Till yet I didn't get an answer.
Therefore I post the e-mail here once again and I would like to get an answer from you by e-mail or here on the forum.

Dear Sir/Madam,

as you see by my email address I live in Germany.

By the subaruxvforum I detected, that you offer for the Subaru XV/Crosstrek rear seat back protectors.
In Germany such items aren't available for my XV 2017 and therefore I am very interested in buying these protectors.
But I have two question:
Would you deliver to Germany?
If you do, what will be the shipping costs?
Of course I would pay in advance the whole price by visa credit card.

Thank you in advance for your reply and best regards

·
Registered
2018 Crosstrek Sport 6 MT
3,340 Posts
@ Heuberger Motors

Two days ago I send you the below quoted e-mail.
Till yet I didn't get an answer.
Therefore I post the e-mail here once again and I would like to get an answer from you by e-mail or here on the forum.
If you don't get a reply, I'm sure there are a few of us who can give you address's for Subaru Dealers in the Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario
regions, that I am sure would have No problem selling and shipping this item to you :yahoo:

It might also be cheaper to make the purchase in Canada, with our lower Canadian dollar:sFun_bananasplit:

Here is a link to Subaru Canada's Dealer listings for All Provinces

https://www.subaru.ca/WebPage.aspx?WebPageID=5886&

Please post to let the rest here know how you made out

Cheers

Troutbum

·
Banned
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks for that list, I realy appreciate it.

But it's a pretty large list. Which dealer would you recommend? Do you have personal experiences?
Perhaps a dealer located near the east coast or in the south east of Canada would be better because I suppose the shipping costs inside of Canada and by that the whole shipping costs will be cheaper.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Agreed

We live in a Vastly larger country, where shipping from coast to coast is the Norm, personally I live in British Columbia, the furthest
away from you( closer to Asia than Germany LOL)

My suggestion would be to use the Ontario Dealer list, mainly those dealers closer to the Toronto hub, this is a Major shipping point
and likely the fastest way to get your goods on their way to the EU..

Another angle to look at is here is the Ontario, Canada Owners list
http://www.subaruxvforum.com/forum/...s/44354-official-canadian-xv-owners-list.html

Now James XV is one of the Super Moderators on here and lives in Ontario, (send him a PM ) and might be able to offer more insight to your dilema,
should be easily resolved for you, might take a few e-mails etc, to narrow down a Reliable Dealer,and a Toll free phone # for you
to access...

Besides We're Canadians We Love to Help Others :yahoo:

Troutbum

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Here in the US we can also get them through Amazon. Are you able to find them in Amazon over in the EU? That might be a cheaper option shipping-wise if you could. If not, you might want to check with Subaru Superstore, which is who is offering them via Amazon and maybe ask if they'll ship to you directly. Finally, I'm sure some of us would be perfectly willing to have them shipped to us and then turn around and ship them out to you if you need us to. It's been done for other things as well.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Part J501SFJ600 for the 17' rear seat back protectors:

In CDN from CA: $75 for the part

Shipping from my town to somewhere in Berlin (size/weight according to Amazon):
455 g and 145x55x19cm:
Canada Post = $288.40
UPS = $753.06
FedEx = $855.43

IN USD from US: $50.

Shipped from somewhere in New York City to same somewhere in Berlin:
FedEx $669.45
UPS = $712.25
USPS = "your package is too large to be mailed". Sounds great for me and can't wait to tell the wife but bad for your seat back protectors.

Sadly, no part found on Amazon.de. Maybe a local dealership can special order one in for you.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts

·
Banned
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
However, this guy on ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-2017-...Genuine-OEM-J501SFJ600-/291221315093#shpCntId

sells them for $40 USD and says Shipping to the same place in Berlin is $50, plus $13 import charges.
This seems to be the easiest and cheapest way to order the protectors. Many thanks for that link.

But on the respective e-bay website happens a strange thing:
If I type in the data of my XV 2017 in the list, where you can examine exactly, if the part will fit, I always get the result, it would not be fitting.
I only get a positive result with the year 2013. Once I change the year to 2014 and higher, I get as said a negative result, it says not fitting.
Some lines below of that list it's explictily said under the title "Fitment/Application" : 2013 - 2017 Subaru Crosstrek
What's going on there? What's valid now? Was there a change of the rear seats between the years 2013 and 2014?:dizzy:

Edited: I've sent a request about that problem to the seller as well. Let's see what the answer will be.
BTW On the Amazon website of Subaru Superstore is said "This item does not ship to Germany."

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
This seems to be the easiest and cheapest way to order the protectors. Many thanks for that link.

If I type in the data of my XV 2017 in the list, where you can examine exactly, if the part will fit, I always get the result, it would not be fitting.
I only get a positive result with the year 2013. Once I change the year to 2014 and higher, I get as said a negative result, it says not fitting.
Some lines below that list it's explictily said under the title "Fitment/Application" : 2013 - 2017 Subaru Crosstrek
What's going on there? What's valid now? Was there a change of the rear seats between the years 2013 and 2014?:dizzy:

Edited: I've sent a request about that problem to the seller as well. Let's see what the answer will be.
BTW On the Amazon website of Subaru Superstore is said "This item does not ship to Germany."
My money is on it just being a configuration oversight on the part of fit matching on the site. As far as I know, there is no difference in the seat back protectors fitment until the 2018 model.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts

Some lines below that list it's explictily said under the title "Fitment/Application" : 2013 - 2017 Subaru Crosstrek

Looking at Subaru On-line parts website, with the Part # supplied from Pics on E-Bay site

I CAN CONFIRM Part # and years of fitment 2013- 2017 Impreza-Cross Trek see link below from a Great Forum Supplier

https://subaruonlineparts.com/subaru-crosstrek-rear-seat-back-protector-p-1369.html

Hope this helps

Troutbum

·
Banned
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Part J501SFJ600 for the 17' rear seat back protectors:

In CDN from CA: $75 for the part

Shipping from my town to somewhere in Berlin (size/weight according to Amazon):
455 g and 145x55x19cm:
Canada Post = $288.40
UPS = $753.06
FedEx = $855.43

IN USD from US: $50.

Shipped from somewhere in New York City to same somewhere in Berlin:
FedEx $669.45
UPS = $712.25
USPS = "your package is too large to be mailed". Sounds great for me and can't wait to tell the wife but bad for your seat back protectors.

Sadly, no part found on Amazon.de. Maybe a local dealership can special order one in for you.
Wow, saying it with polite words:"Astonishing" prices... :shocked: :thumb_thumbdown-smi

@ Doca
Many thanks for finding these prices. :rock:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Wow indeed. Never imagined it would be that expensive to just mail something to the EU. Criminy.

·
Banned
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looking at Subaru On-line parts website, with the Part # supplied from Pics on E-Bay site

I CAN CONFIRM Part # and years of fitment 2013- 2017 Impreza-Cross Trek see link below from a Great Forum Supplier

https://subaruonlineparts.com/subaru-crosstrek-rear-seat-back-protector-p-1369.html

Hope this helps

Troutbum
Ok, thank you for your confirmation and therefore I just have ordered from the e-bay seller.
All together the costs are $ 101.22.
When the protectors have arrived and I have installed them I will post a picture.

Thank you very much to everyone who took care of the matter and helped me. It's great to be a member of such a community.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Not bad!

Thought of this on the way home; if there’s something available in Canada you want, I’m gong to Geilenkirchen and Stuttgart at the end of Sept. I know it’s a long way off but I’d be willing to bring it.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Wow indeed. Never imagined it would be that expensive to just mail something to the EU. Criminy.
Package dimensions go a long way in the charges. I once tried to DHL a 2 ft sq box to Afghanistan and they wanted almost $4500. I’m like; really, you’re already going, just throw it on. Ended up going through military mail via Canada Post for $30.

·
Banned
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not bad!

Thought of this on the way home; if there's something available in Canada you want, I'm gong to Geilenkirchen and Stuttgart at the end of Sept. I know it's a long way off but I'd be willing to bring it.
Thank you for that offer. I will keep in mind, if necessary.

·
Premium Member
8,374 Posts
That's nothing... Check how much it is to ship to Canada and compare that to other parts of the US!

·
Registered
138 Posts
That's nothing... Check how much it is to ship to Canada and compare that to other parts of the US!
We're just trying to prevent you from being able to come here and take all our flannel and relable all our ham as bacon. ;)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,374 Posts
We're just trying to prevent you from being able to come here and take all our flannel and relable all our ham as bacon. ;)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
That's going to happen anyways as it has nothing to do with the cost of shipping products North :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts