Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A local auto repair shop where I went for an oil change recommended and quoted 2 things (for about $550): (1) fuel injector and intake cleaning and (2) transmission fluid flush (they recommended that this be done every 30,000 miles). When I asked my local Subaru dealer whether these were included in my recent 60,000 mile service they said no, these were optional. Any advice about whether these are really good things?

·
Registered
'16 Subaru CrossTrek Limited w/Tech
60 Posts
First question is how many miles does your car have on it? You have to put some pretty serious miles on car before fuel injector cleaning is called for - and some argue it's not required regardless of mileage.
I would only do the transmission fluid change (NOT FLUSH) when you reach the prescribed mileage in the service guide for the car - not before.

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2019 Crosstrek Limited
765 Posts
If you have a CVT transmission I would highly recommend that no shop other than a Subaru dealer (or independent Subaru-only shop with the proper equipment) change the transmission fluid. It's a complex procedure to do it properly on a CVT.
Fuel injector cleaner should never be needed if you use Top Tier detergent gasoline.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts