Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I've had a few questions regarding the mounting mechanism for the second generation Crosstrek "Big bottle" holder. First of all, yes, it is a no drill solution! The design was made with a reversible design in mind. Not owning my car is what drive this design, and I figured that many others may be in the same boat.

While the hardware may vary, below is a representation of the "meat" of the design, the flange. The flange wedges in between the two trim pieces on in the center console, for both Auto and Manual. The pink highlighted portion is where an adhesive pad is mounted. This helps with small vibrations, and prevents plastic-on-plastic contact with the holder.

Below you can see the flange, the body is pried up to show the flange fitting into the gap between the panels. If you want to get a good feel of how tight/strong/easy to pry the gap is, the flange is more or less the size of a credit card. (Ignore the surface finish on the parts, this was a prototype/manufacturing test model).

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Metallic Grey
27 Posts
so question - are the screws holding the strap assembly for the water bottle held in by something like red (permanent) loc-tite ? Because if you can unscrew that part, I see a possible project to make it into a tissue box holder for my usual passenger with her leaky nose.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so question - are the screws holding the strap assembly for the water bottle held in by something like red (permanent) loc-tite ? Because if you can unscrew that part, I see a possible project to make it into a tissue box holder for my usual passenger with her leaky nose.
Hey there, thanks for the question! Because of the use of T-Slot, a lot of expansion possibilities are available. There have actually been quite a few responses on the tissue manner, so I am going to look into it. Thanks. and stay tuned for more updates!

-Tanner

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Metallic Grey
27 Posts
yeah, with that "t-slot" thing there, I was contemplating a more modular setup. So I could swap various loadouts - the tactical tissues, a water bottle, a pogie bait bag for road trips, a holder for my phone and cable slack (the space underneath the head unit isn't big enough for modern smartphones) or possibly some kind of organizer (most of the between seat ones I've seen stink for various reasons)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts