·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Reactions: SubieSubieDo

·
Registered
315 Posts
This is an older video, before Subaru came to Scotty's house in the middle of the night, kicked in his door, and molested him.

In his newer videos, he feels obligated, every time he mentions Subaru, to say that they are boxer engines, and therefore blow head gaskets. This is not common on Subaru from my experience.

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2019 Crosstrek Limited
1,023 Posts
This is an older video, before Subaru came to Scotty's house in the middle of the night, kicked in his door, and molested him.
Actually that's a new video and the first time that Scotty hasn't bashed Subaru that I'm ware of. At the beginning of the video Scotty says it's a 2018 but at 3:10 into the video a close up of the door jam tag shows a production date of 09/2016 so it's probably a 2017.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Actually that's a new video and the first time that Scotty hasn't bashed Subaru that I'm ware of. At the beginning of the video Scotty says it's a 2018 but at 3:10 into the video a close up of the door jam tag shows a production date of 09/2016 so it's probably a 2017.
My mistake, you are correct. Watching it on here I can't see the description. Had to step out to the YouTube app and search for it.

He says "...can easily go over a hundred thousand miles..." If you take care of it, there's no reason that you can't take it to 200K. Also, the milage on this year isn't as high as today's model, which he fails to mention.

If you watch Scotty, you know his legendary hatred of Subaru. I wonder why he didn't bash them this time. 🤔

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you watch Scotty, you know his legendary hatred of Subaru. I wonder why he didn't bash them this time. 🤔
He's realizing that the head gasket, oil consumption and CVT problems have been addressed by Subaru years ago.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Confirmation bias.
I think @Twiddler is right. Subaru must've visited in the middle of the night and had a quiet word with him.
Although doesn't he mention in this clip "they're easy to work on"?. :unsure: 🐨

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
8,885 Posts
I didn't post an article that showed up on my news feed the other day because it was TorqueNews but, compared to Scotty, they are the shining city upon a hill of automotive journalism...

It was that Subaru has two of the most reliable cars under $30K and one was the Crosstrek.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I didn't post an article that showed up on my news feed the other day because it was TorqueNews but, compared to Scotty, they are the shining city upon a hill of automotive journalism...

It was that Subaru has two of the most reliable cars under $30K and one was the Crosstrek.
Was this the article?

·
Registered
8,885 Posts
Yep!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Reactions: AstroKats

·
Registered
8,885 Posts
This part is interesting. So many folks here with the previous gen seem very happy with theirs. I'm not a huge fan of crowdsourced data...

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
8,885 Posts
He annoys me. I don't click on the links because I don't want him to get the click revenue...

Reactions: Sarang and BobNH
1 - 18 of 18 Posts