2021 Crosstrek Limited
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Reactions: GTI and sas-XV

·
Registered
2017 Crosstrek Limited
1,945 Posts
At least the ones he just took have cleared his thinking :)

·
Registered
21 Sport
2,429 Posts
the hate against scotty Kilmer is really astounding... the man knows more about vehicles than most on this forum, if not all of us. If you don't like his style or his appearance, don't watch him. I find him quirky but I appreciate his knowledge I can learn from.
he's painful to listen to. say it once and STFU and stick your GD hands in your pockets Scotty! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Premium 2.0 CVT
469 Posts
he's painful to listen to. say it once and STFU and stick your GD hands in your pockets Scotty! :ROFLMAO:
he does move his hands around a lot... and his voice is obnoxious. I'm sure each of us have irritating aspects of our personality or appearance too.... at least he has beneficial knowledge to share.

·
Registered
2021 Ice SIlver Sport
1,472 Posts
the hate against scotty Kilmer is really astounding... the man knows more about vehicles than most on this forum, if not all of us. If you don't like his style or his appearance, don't watch him. I find him quirky but I appreciate his knowledge I can learn from.
He changes opinions with the wind. Also uses a lot of click bait titles. Still funny to watch although can get annoying. Just have to put it all in perspective.

·
Registered
184 Posts
He may be annoying at times, but he absolutely does not give a F**k and speaks very clearly and honestlyabout his experiences and opinions. I love when he calls certain cars (BMW, Mercedes etc.) "Money Pits"! Cracks me up every time. His best advice was that if you must buy a Porsche, Benz, Jaguar etc just lease it for a few years and dump it before ever having to pay for a repair, at that point you may want something else anyway.

·
Administrator
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Pure Red
5,627 Posts
He changes opinions with the wind. Also uses a lot of click bait titles. Still funny to watch although can get annoying. Just have to put it all in perspective.
Scotty's that loud, ******* neighbor with a crazy opinion on everything, who always comes over as soon as he sees you working on your car, and who you can never get to shut up. I'd say that he knows how to monetize YouTube, for sure, but I wouldn't trust his advice on anything else.

·
Registered
2021 Ice SIlver Sport
1,472 Posts
He says Subarus are no good and tells people not to buy them, LOL! Worst engine ever!

Then the wind blows the other way and they are Genius!

As long as you keep the perspective that his videos are only entertainment. I can't count how many times he has clickbait titles like "I'm done with Youtube" or the likes. Entertainment just like the TFL clowns.

·
Registered
469 Posts
His videos are not entertainment only - that’s just a ridiculous claim.

because he makes positive comments when things are good to be said about a brand, but then bad when things are bad to said about a brand, doesn’t necessarily mean he changes his opinions with the wind, its just how this line of topic goes. When Toyota was having accelerator cable issues, recalls galore, etc, some said Toyota was unreliable junk and swore it off and made videos against it. When the tundra pulled the spacecraft everyone cheered and made videos at how amazing Toyota is yadayada, it’s the same as Any topic, we get opinions based on current or past information, and they are subject to change. If Scotty left Subaru at the recall issue, that would be worse than acknowledging the improvements that have come in the last couple Years since that video. That’s not changing your mind with the wind, it’s being open to changing your opinion when warranted.

·
Registered
Crosstrek Outdoor, JDM Legacy 2.0 GT spec.B
525 Posts
I quite like a lot of his videos - but the clickbait has done me in! So many times I have watched a video of a title that looks like something of interest to me - and he doesn't even mention it during the talk. I have gone back so often and the same - so I am sworn off watching him anymore... :sneaky:

·
Registered
469 Posts
I quite like a lot of his videos - but the clickbait has done me in! So many times I have watched a video of a title that looks like something of interest to me - and he doesn't even mention it during the talk. I have gone back so often and the same - so I am sworn off watching him anymore... :sneaky:
He admittedly does make clickbait titles lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts