Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming up on 60k on my 2014 hybrid crosstrek. I'm trying to avoid the $700 charge from the stealership...

My confusion is a discrepancy between the maintenance schedule listed on the dealership's website and my maintenance & warranty booklet that came with the car. One says replace the fuel filter at 60k and one says replace the spark plugs... (along with everything else being the same on both). I'm wondering if this could be bc thebooklet is just listed as a 2014 crosstrek whereas the website I have hybrid in there as well? Regardless idk which one to do! Heading out on a cross country trip in a week and trying to prepare properly..Any help is much appreciated I am not well versed in this stuff! :grin:

·
Registered
1,475 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Stick with the owners manual and do the spark plugs. Fuel today is typically very clean as long as you go to the name brand gas stations, less worried about the fuel filter.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Follow what came with your car. I believe mine says both. It isn't uncommon to have more than one maintenance at the same mileage interval.

Dealer has told me not to do the fuel filter though as it really isn't serviceable. It is contained within the fuel pump, which is inside the fuel tank. Kind of unfortunate.

·
Premium Member
8,374 Posts
Follow what came with your car. I believe mine says both. It isn't uncommon to have more than one maintenance at the same mileage interval.

Dealer has told me not to do the fuel filter though as it really isn't serviceable. It is contained within the fuel pump, which is inside the fuel tank. Kind of unfortunate.
From what I've seen in other post, the fuel filter is serviceable but it's contained within in the fuel pump so a portion of the fuel pump will need to be disassembled to get at the fuel filter which may not be worth it to a service department.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts