Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
41 - 60 of 98 Posts
No that damn StarLink thing is an issue I’m having with CarPlay. Done my research, tried every suggestion short of replacing usb hub. I’ve settled on a Bluetooth adapter and an in the tray wireless charger deal and seems to be the most stable. I use the word stable LOOSELY.😂 CarPlay has set off my red Starlink light on multiple occasions and some trips it’s fine others it’s possessed. With or wo the app. Funny part is that wireless charging pad plugs into the 12v socket. When SL pukes I have to pull that out and push back in as well.
Good ol' starlink. Welcome to the club haha. You can try starting the car first before plugging in scangauge, that avoids the red light for me. After a while I just lived with it. all good besides the pop up on the radio and annoying emails.

Curious, instead of ScanGauge, why not run a BT OBDII dongle (I have a OBDLink MX+) and ActiveOBD/OBDLink/Torque app on your phone? This is what I use when I want to know CVT temps.

Discussion starter · #43 ·
Curious, instead of ScanGauge, why not run a BT OBDII dongle (I have a OBDLink MX+) and ActiveOBD/OBDLink/Torque app on your phone? This is what I use when I want to know CVT temps.
Because ScanGauge is the bomb!😎 Last thing I need is one more Bluetooth app fighting for my phones attention. Starlink is a sensitive c**t to that already anyways😂 Sorry not sorry. Had to say it.

I tried 3 different OBD dongles and they didn't work for me.

Plus displaying stuff on my phone takes away from my movie time while driving. LOL jk

ed 3 different OBD dongles and they didn't work for me
Same here. I tried three different chipsets and they all upset StarFink. I also have a ScanGauge II with updated firmware from 2021 that interferes with StarFink as well.

Gonna give it a few more weeks before I [ull the trigger on the new ScanGauge.

The brakes came w the trailer standard so I’m not sure the make. It’s a Braxton Creek Bushwhacker 10HD. The brake controller is a Curt TriFlex and I carry a Curt Echo BT controller as backup. Just in case.
What did Joey say about the issue you having with StarlInk and the red light and plugging it in after startup? Id that all CarPlay related?

Discussion starter · #47 ·
What did Joey say about the issue you having with StarlInk and the red light and plugging it in after startup? Id that all CarPlay related?
ALL Starlink/CarPlay related completely separate of SG3. I mentioned it as a frame reference only to the red light statement. SG3 wasn’t even connected when it happened.

I was talking to Joey about firmware update issues I found and the process by which I recreated it/fixed it.

Interesting. I have had zero issues with my OBDLink MX+. I also have a ScanGauge II that I sent in to be updated about 6 months ago, but have not used it in my CT seeing the OBDLink MX+ /ActiveOBD combo works well.

Interesting. I have had zero issues with my OBDLink MX+. I also have a ScanGauge II that I sent in to be updated about 6 months ago, but have not used it in my CT seeing the OBDLink MX+ /ActiveOBD combo works well.
OBDLink MX+ is legit and works because it supports the ELM327 command set. Lots of fake ELM327 chips out there. Legit chips cost about $20, so if you're paying less than that, you can do the math there that something isn't right.

I think I may have to order one of these. Curious if the gauges are only available as text as shown in your pictures or do they have analog gauges offered as well? I'll go research this on the website when I get back to the house. Nice looking package!

Ordered one today. Have used the ScanGauge 2 since 2007.
Got a call from Tom Gifford on my order. He said so many are ordering the SG 3 that it might take a week for me to get mine. No problemo.

I have the Scangauge II to monitor CVT Temps. Please let us know if this new one can monitor Motor Oil temps? My current scangauge is unable to monitor motor oil on my 2013 trek no matter what xgauge code I have tried.
Yes it shows motor oil temp. You have to go to the XGauge screen and do the scan then select it to show as one of the gauges. Instructions on how to do it are simple. There are a bunch of XGauges that come up for Subaru. You can then select the ones you want to show. 3 pages with 9 gauges per page.

Just received and installed my ScanGauge3. What a pleasure and ease of installation. Gives me my CVT oil temperature and engine water temperature which were to of the main things that I was looking for for towing, plus there is a lot of other data available. Going to be towing 5000km this summer so just in time and looking forward to tracking the CVT oil temperature to see if a bigger cooler is necessary. I rate this product 10/10.

41 - 60 of 98 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.