Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
21 - 40 of 98 Posts
From what I have seen on various groups, 180 to 200 seems to be the norm and not wanting to exceed 220? I want to be able to monitor this when towing. Generally with the oil to water heat exchanger that sits on the back of the engine on the passenger side (on the outback anyway) this will ensure that the CVT oil temperature is a bit higher than the engine water temperature when it leaves this unit. My Outback has a factory oil cooler in front of the condenser that will further cool the CVT oil before it returns to the CVT.

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Yeah, that looks nice. I was asking since my Scangauge 2 is tucked in there. I don't think i would bother with a fancy install for my purposes.
Nothing super fancy about this install. The wire I ran up inside the door seal. It just presses in, no tools needed. It has a little RJ45 plug on the end of it that plugs into device. The device comes w a magnetic suction cup mount and improved metal plates that stick on the back. They even threw in a piece of super 3M sticky stuff to put between the device and metal plate cuz metal plate sticky is the suck LOL

The place I mounted it seemed to be about the only place e for easy install. I just unplug it when I don’t need it and stick in the console box.

Thanks for the info. Not a fan of mounting stuff on my windshield so I would hope to place something lower. Maybe a proclip phone mount would be a better spot for me.

I was referring to the install into a switch plate as a fancy install.

Discussion starter · #30 ·
Cheers thanks. Out of interest sake, I see that under general information, it says that you can read degrees Celsius or Fahrenheit, but on the XGauge page it says CVT temperature in Fahrenheit. Please could I ask you a big favor if you do not mind. Would it me possible to change your setting to Celcius to see if the CVT temp goes to Celsius as well? Just curious if I would have two different units of temperature measurement as I always use Celsius. Thanks in advance.
yes, it will display ATF in C if C is selected in options.👍🏻

Discussion starter · #32 ·
If any of you get this there was one issue. It did not save the setup profile between uses and it turns out it’s an old firmware issue. So, FOLLOW THIS PROCEDURE BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ELSE.

1) WiFi update to 1.08
2) WiFi update to 1.09
3) WiFi update to 1.10
4) Go on your merry way:)

DO NOT skip these versions and go straight to 1.10. You won’t brick it or anything, it’ll just get stuck in a reboot cycle.

If any of you get this there was one issue. It did not save the setup profile between uses and it turns out it’s an old firmware issue. So, FOLLOW THIS PROCEDURE BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ELSE.

1) WiFi update to 1.08
2) WiFi update to 1.09
3) WiFi update to 1.10
4) Go on your merry way:)

DO NOT skip these versions and go straight to 1.10. You won’t brick it or anything, it’ll just get stuck in a reboot cycle.
Hi TR8R, I was chatting to the ScanGuage distributor in Canada following our discussions. I mentioned this WiFi setup thing/issue you mentioned and he passed it on to ScanGauge in the USA. Joey at Linear Logic would like you to drop him a mail so that he can understand what you are experiencing and address it. joey.snyder@linear-logic.com

Discussion starter · #34 ·
Hi TR8R, I was chatting to the ScanGuage distributor in Canada following our discussions. I mentioned this WiFi setup thing/issue you mentioned and he passed it on to ScanGauge in the USA. Joey at Linear Logic would like you to drop him a mail so that he can understand what you are experiencing and address it. joey.snyder@linear-logic.com
Joey is actually who I’ve been communicating with and I have been emailing several times, including the experience I had.😎

Discussion starter · #38 ·
Have you had any more teething issues with the unit or compatibility type issues with the unit and Starlink etc.?
None whatsoever beyond even 3M adhesive having its limits in the sun. I’ll be supergluing the metal plate on back😂

I’m truly thankful to have this device while towing at the limit of max capacity. Combined with electric brakes I’m pretty condfident in towing 1500lbs. At least I can pull over if anything gets to hot. I also use Fuelly so don’t have much use for the trip computers which are down right phenomenal I must admit.

No that damn StarLink thing is an issue I’m having with CarPlay. Done my research, tried every suggestion short of replacing usb hub. I’ve settled on a Bluetooth adapter and an in the tray wireless charger deal and seems to be the most stable. I use the word stable LOOSELY.😂 CarPlay has set off my red Starlink light on multiple occasions and some trips it’s fine others it’s possessed. With or wo the app. Funny part is that wireless charging pad plugs into the 12v socket. When SL pukes I have to pull that out and push back in as well.

Attachments

None whatsoever beyond even 3M adhesive having its limits in the sun. I’ll be supergluing the metal plate on back😂

I’m truly thankful to have this device while towing at the limit of max capacity. Combined with electric brakes I’m pretty condfident in towing 1500lbs. At least I can pull over if anything gets to hot. I also use Fuelly so don’t have much use for the trip computers which are down right phenomenal I must admit.

No that damn StarLink thing is an issue I’m having with CarPlay. Done my research, tried every suggestion short of replacing usb hub. I’ve settled on a Bluetooth adapter and an in the tray wireless charger deal and seems to be the most stable. I use the word stable LOOSELY.😂 CarPlay has set off my red Starlink light on multiple occasions and some trips it’s fine others it’s possessed. With or wo the app.
Great to hear that the ScanGauge3 is the least of your problems. Out of interest sake what electric brake system are you running - always good to get recommendations on products etc.

Strange that CarPlay would have such an impact and mess you around like that. One almost tends to forget that it exists in a car. Sounds like you have a nicely kitted out rig.

Discussion starter · #40 ·
Great to hear that the ScanGauge3 is the least of your problems. Out of interest sake what electric brake system are you running - always good to get recommendations on products etc.

Strange that CarPlay would have such an impact and mess you around like that. One almost tends to forget that it exists in a car. Sounds like you have a nicely kitted out rig.
The brakes came w the trailer standard so I’m not sure the make. It’s a Braxton Creek Bushwhacker 10HD. The brake controller is a Curt TriFlex and I carry a Curt Echo BT controller as backup. Just in case.

21 - 40 of 98 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.