Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Sport 2.5 cvt
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for an oem paint touch up pen for my 21 sport paint code SAZ and having trouble. I can’t find anyone with it. One parts shop looked up my vin and said SAZ does not come up as an option for them to order.
Is it common for subaru to not offer oem pens for certain colors? I have had best luck with oem pens and want to stick to that. I have a chip and few scratches already sadly.
Any suggestions where to look?

·
Registered
2020 premium on Meths
338 Posts
I don’t know if it’s available from Subi or not but subarupartsonline is a sponsor on here & has their own page in the vendor section. I would ask this question there. if it’s available from Subi they would be able to get it for you and/or @ least get you a part #

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Crosstrek Sport, Plasma Yellow Pearl
120 Posts
Subaru Parts Online doesn't ship chemicals unfortunately. I know this since I also inquired about a touch-up pen.

I got my PYP touch up pen from here:

·
Registered
120 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Sport 2.5 cvt
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Google searched for "Subaru SAZ touch up" and got this under the "Shopping" tab as a first result.

The item code is "J361SSJ010A1". Googling the item code yields a lot of results for purchasing the item.
Thanks, I hate asking about what should be easy stuff but I got no where with google or a dealer looking up the vin. I never go to the google shopping tab I guess. I feel like a n00b.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks, I hate asking about what should be easy stuff but I got no where with google or a dealer looking up the vin. I never go to the google shopping tab I guess. I feel like a n00b.
Happens to all of us.

My intent wasn’t to put you down. You did all the correct steps. Sorry if it came off that way.

My goal was to explain the process I did so anyone looking at this topic can see how I was able to source information and the item. As you and I have found out the main Google search results didn’t help much. Seems the third-party touch up paint businesses invested quite a bit on SEO...

·
Registered
2021 Sport 2.5 cvt
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Happens to all of us.

My intent wasn’t to put you down. You did all the correct steps. Sorry if it came off that way.

My goal was to explain the process I did so anyone looking at this topic can see how I was able to source information and the item. As you and I have found out the main Google search results didn’t help much. Seems the third-party touch up paint businesses invested quite a bit on SEO...
No you were awesome and I appreciate it 100%. Just beating myself up a bit 😁

1 - 7 of 7 Posts