Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Premium; 2010 LGT stage 2+
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

I went out four wheeling on Sunday and had a lot of fun. It's really neat what this car can get up with X-mode on street tires.

I did bash off my driver's rocker panel again and broke two of the clips. Does anyone know what a solution would be for that? I emailed Primitive Racing asking about rock sliders but they do not offer them for the 18+ yet. The rally innovations rocker panel guards look cool, but I'm not really convinced that they'd be functional. I'm pondering how to fab up my own rock sliders, maybe using the jack points on the pinch welds for support. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Premium; 2010 LGT stage 2+
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Went exploring South of the Superstitions yesterday. I am continually impressed at how well this car does on stock tires. It seems like I just pick the correct line, turn on X-mode, and it finds a way to make it up.
I did bash the passenger rocker panel again and two of the clips won't go back in. I'll completely remove and reinstall it when I get a chance so I'm sure it'll be fine. This really reminds me that rock sliders are probably my next needed mod for what I do. I really hate the price of the LP Aventure product, but nobody else seems to make them.
I did have a fun time watching a Jeep do the same slightly hairy ascent that I had just done. It had big tires and a lift and did the whole thing crazy-slowly and without picking any line. Just straight up the center. It's amazing the way some people will baby their super capable off roader. I literally also saw a mini van on the trail.

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
7,340 Posts
It looks a lot like the trails we've done here in Southern California and ours is totally stock. It does really well, even on the washed out areas with deep gulleys. Worst I've done so far is popped off a bit of the front bumper that snapped right back in.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts