Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Base 6MT Cool Gray Khaki
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Purchased a 2021 Base 6MT in Cool Gray Khaki in December. Here it sits shortly after I got it.

My first Crosstrek - 2016 Premium 5 speed in Crystal White Pearl

Interior
Done
Planned
Exterior
Done
Planned
  • Curt 2” hitch
  • Tint (to match rear, no more than 35%-legal)
  • Rek Gen Mudflaps
  • Ditch Lights/Hood Brackets
  • Diode Dynamics LED Bulbs
  • Falken Wildpeak 225/65r17 tires
  • Sport Grille (TBD)
  • Plate Relocate (TBD)
  • Rear Bumper Reflector Tint
Down the line (TBD)
  • LP Adventure Lift or ADF Lift
  • Black Rhino Boxer 15" Wheels
  • BFG KO2 Tires
  • Axle-Back Exhaust
  • Skid Plates

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Got the crossbars and basket on today. Had to wait for a replacement basket because one of the bolt holes was defective.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My Diode Dynamics foglights came today! Now just need the rest of the parts I ordered from Subaru Online Parts last week. Hoping they’ll ship and arrive soon. Can’t wait to get these installed!

·
Needs a Butch car
2020 Crosstrek Premium
995 Posts
Can you talk more about the black silicon license plate frames please? What are your likes/dislikes? I was considering getting some.

I'd suggest removing the stock mud guards. They don't really do anything except fill up with gravel and sand and rub on the paint a little. They're hollow. Just replace them with the mud flaps.

I have the 225/65R17 Falken Wildpeak AT Trails on stock wheels. It's a great combo. The BFG KO2s are much heavier.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Can you talk more about the black silicon license plate frames please? What are your likes/dislikes? I was considering getting some.

I'd suggest removing the stock mud guards. They don't really do anything except fill up with gravel and sand and rub on the paint a little. They're hollow. Just replace them with the mud flaps.

I have the 225/65R17 Falken Wildpeak AT Trails on stock wheels. It's a great combo. The BFG KO2s are much heavier.
I ordered them from amazon. I think they were like $13 for the pair which you can’t beat. I do like them but as with any silicone, they hold a lot of dust/dirt. I do like the way they look, and they don’t rattle at all which is nice.

I’m planning to swap the OEM splash guards for some Black Rally Armor ones. I had red Rally Armors on my last Crosstrek and liked them.

The Wildpeaks are my top choice. Glad to hear you’re enjoying them. I’m thinking I’ll put them on right before winter.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Emblem overlays from Premium Auto Styling. Back fit perfect, but front needed a little trim and steering wheel overlay was a bit small.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts