Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 XV hybrid and it seems like on the low end that something's holding it back more than the just the dead spot in that one rpm range. I just Wanted to ask if anyone else knows what I'm talking about and see if anyone knows any remedies. Whether that's rewriting programs or preformance upgrades?
Thanks.

·
Registered
'16 Subaru CrossTrek Limited w/Tech
66 Posts
I have a 2014 XV hybrid and it seems like on the low end that something's holding it back more than the just the dead spot in that one rpm range. I just Wanted to ask if anyone else knows what I'm talking about and see if anyone knows any remedies. Whether that's rewriting programs or preformance upgrades?
Thanks.
I am not sure there is an issue here. The systems (computers) behind the CVTs favor/optimize for fuel economy over (typically) performance. So, yes, I have noticed my CrossTrek (2016) revs higher and holds that higher rev longer. Longer than a Automatic or Manual would - but that's not really relevant or valid anymore. It's NOT an automatic or manual. It's a CVT.
Some people call this "rev hang" but I dismiss this complaint, again, because people always compare the "rev range(s)" to their automatic/manual - which a CVT is not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts