Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to get a hard shell rooftop tent for my 2021 Subaru Crosstrek and wondering what my best option would be? I've looked into the AutoHome Extreme (small) and the RoofTop Sparrow which are both great from reviews I've read online. Just wanting to hear from other Crosstrek owners!! Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
2021 Limited
7 Posts
I am wanting to get a hard shell rooftop tent for my 2021 Subaru Crosstrek and wondering what my best option would be? I've looked into the AutoHome Extreme (small) and the RoofTop Sparrow which are both great from reviews I've read online. Just wanting to hear from other Crosstrek owners!! Thanks in advance!!
I’m also in the market for a rtt and am leaning towards the Sparrow. Just hoping to find a discount so I’m not paying full price. For me, the Sparrow sold me with the ability to install a solar panel. I’m looking for an awning also that has a screen room, but everything I’ve seen so far is too big for the XC.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’m also in the market for a rtt and am leaning towards the Sparrow. Just hoping to find a discount so I’m not paying full price. For me, the Sparrow sold me with the ability to install a solar panel. I’m looking for an awning also that has a screen room, but everything I’ve seen so far is too big for the XC.
I've also found this one which might be a little less expensive. https://www.autohomeus.com/products/maggiolina-roof-top-tent/maggiolina-extreme/ it seems to have the same perks as the Sparrow. Just not sure which one would be the best investment in the long run.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Several manufacturers make 6.5' awnings. thats perfect for my 21 crosstrek. you can get screen rooms for them also.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I decided to go with the Roofnest Sparrow. Once it arrives, we plan to hit the road and go check out Cape Breton and Newfoundland. I’ll post my opinion after the trip. Any must see places that we should check out?
Good choice I'm thinking I'm going to be making the same purchase next! I'm not sure where you're located but I'm surrounded by National Parks here in Southern Utah and my friend and I are planning to drive down the PCH once I get my rrt. Save travels, and I'm looking forward to hearing your opinion!

·
Registered
2021 Limited
7 Posts
Good choice I'm thinking I'm going to be making the same purchase next! I'm not sure where you're located but I'm surrounded by National Parks here in Southern Utah and my friend and I are planning to drive down the PCH once I get my rrt. Save travels, and I'm looking forward to hearing your opinion!
After a week playing around on the beautiful west coast of Newfoundland, heading back to the mainland tonight. Will post more pics when I get home next week, but here are a few teasers.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After a week playing around on the beautiful west coast of Newfoundland, heading back to the mainland tonight. Will post more pics when I get home next week, but here are a few teasers.
Oh my gosh looks like you had a wonderful time! Definitely need to get a rrt now!! Did you notice any big changes in your gas mileage?

·
Registered
‘23 Crosstrek Premium
41 Posts
awesome setup! I am looking to do the same, and wondering what Cross Bar I should be getting. What do you have installed?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts