Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Can anyone recommend a good set of roof racks for a 2019 Crosstrek LTD. Looking for something discreet that can carry a small paddle board now and then.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have the Subaru Aerobars on my ‘13. They get used often (I keep some folding tables in storage and bring them home every few months). Despite the sharp metal on the table dragging as I load the roof, nothings come close to damaging the powdercoat. I wish they were a little lower profile - between the side rails, not clearly above) but it was an easy semi permanent install (torx screws with appropriate driver as part of the kit). They are rated for the 150/160lbs that the side rails are rated at.

Occasionally I wish they were flatter ( they bow up in the middle) and wish they hung over the side, but I really prefer the look of no overhang.

I have a couple of lengths of rope to tie down loads, and the best thing was learning how to do a “truckers hitch”.

I would say take a look at the big two, Thule and Yakima, you might want a cheap solution now, but they have bolt ons for a good future upgrade path, some of which don’t work with Subies aerobars.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I like my Yakima Railbars. Lower profile than the OEM, and mounts the same. It has the T-Slot that allows you to add accessories for a sleeker look, that is also more secure. You can add locks that add another layer of theft prevention (but nothing is foolproof). If you get them at Rack Attack when they have them on sale, they are almost the same price as the OEM ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: AlexOD
1 - 6 of 6 Posts