Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Lifted 6-speed Crosstrek
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Each time Blake shoots a video on my car, we got tons of questions about the roof rack setup.
Blake asked to shoot a quick video of just the basket to try and answer some of those questions.

Here it is.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask ;)

Ive had a lot of people ask which light bar I used.
I used the same one for the basket and behind my front bumper. Only difference is the one behind the bumper has yellow Lamin-x film on it.

Here is the light bar: https://amzn.to/2Pg7H48

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looks awesome! I watched the video on the lift kit install too. I'm planning to get the same rims and tires for my 18' Crosstrek.

Are those Lamin-X fog light covers? I bought them and want to remove the bezel to install them easily.
On my 15' WRX I was able to simply pop out the bezel like this video, but I'm scared to force the bezel off on the Crosstrek. Its seems more secure.

·
Registered
2018 Lifted 6-speed Crosstrek
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks awesome! I watched the video on the lift kit install too. I'm planning to get the same rims and tires for my 18' Crosstrek.

Are those Lamin-X fog light covers? I bought them and want to remove the bezel to install them easily.
On my 15' WRX I was able to simply pop out the bezel like this video, but I'm scared to force the bezel off on the Crosstrek. Its seems more secure.
Thank you.

Yup they are Lamin-x covers.

Its almost just as easy to get the Crosstrek bezels off. I used a small flat head screwdriver and pried on the lower corner closest to the center of the bumper. Then it just popped right out.

Took me less than 10 mins to do both side :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thank you.

Yup they are Lamin-x covers.

Its almost just as easy to get the Crosstrek bezels off. I used a small flat head screwdriver and pried on the lower corner closest to the center of the bumper. Then it just popped right out.

Took me less than 10 mins to do both side :)
I asked Thomas on Instagram about the fog light panels as well. They are a little tougher on the pre-2018 models so I was a little worried about messing something up. Turns out the 2018s just pop off. Thomas' recommendation was to start towards the center of the bumper where the panels have a sharper edge.

I picked up a cheap trim removal kit from Autozone as to not scratch anything. They come in handy! I used them for the panels and to get all the interior dome light covers off.

Make sure you get parallel to the fog lights to get the Lamin-x centered. I know it says you can peel off if you need to, but I wanted to make sure I got it right the first time.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Each time Blake shoots a video on my car, we got tons of questions about the roof rack setup.
Blake asked to shoot a quick video of just the basket to try and answer some of those questions.

Here it is.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask ;)
Best Comment From Thomas: “It’s Always Moist” when referring to light bar plexiglass cover.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts