Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Sport
6 Posts
I might have to take you up on this. I just got a new 'trek, so now it's time for new winter tires. Tirerack is a lot cheaper than the dealer, and it looks like their sensors are compatible with the ts508.

·
Registered
2021 Sport
31 Posts
Yeah dude, let me know! They have to be aired down all the way to be cloned, so before you put them on the car give me a holler.
Clarification - Under System Setup in the TS508 tool, feature number 10 is "TPS Prog Limit". If this feature is set to "Off", you can clone or program Autel MX sensors already mounted in wheels with tires pressured up. If the "TPS Prog Limit" feature is set to "On", you will have to air down to <69Kpa or 10 psi.

Yesterday, I carried in 4X MX sensors, wheels (Konig Backbone's) and 4 new Blizzak DM-V2's (225/60R17) from my TS508 kit to the local Discount Tire store. Had them installed and aired up to ~35 psi. They asked me whether I wanted them to program the sensors; I declined. Brought the tire/wheel setup's home and cloned all 4 to the existing TPMS's on our new 21 Sport, using the "Copy by Activation" function. I received errors during the initial tries. However, after some searching on the web, stumbled upon the need to air down already assembled wheel/tire/TPMS packages. Researched this some more and noted that the Autel TS508 has the necessary options to clone sensors with tires aired up or deflated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Clarification - Under System Setup in the TS508 tool, feature number 10 is "TPS Prog Limit". If this feature is set to "Off", you can clone or program Autel MX sensors already mounted in wheels with tires pressured up. If the "TPS Prog Limit" feature is set to "On", you will have to air down to <69Kpa
Oh dang that's good to know!! Thanks for the info!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts